strobe utility

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
zigo

strobe utility

Post by zigo » 31 Jul 2018, 15:08

hello i downloaded the strobe utility for my benq 2540 and used it fine yesturday but today the monitor is lagging so much,so i unistalled the strobe utility but the monitor is still laging what do i need to do please help i take i made a huge mistake and i am affraid i damaged my monitor i saved so much for it

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: strobe utility

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Aug 2018, 19:27

zigo wrote:hello i downloaded the strobe utility for my benq 2540 and used it fine yesturday but today the monitor is lagging so much,so i unistalled the strobe utility but the monitor is still laging what do i need to do please help i take i made a huge mistake and i am affraid i damaged my monitor i saved so much for it
Your monitor is not damaged.

Strobe Utility is unable to damage your monitor. Something else is currently lagging your monitor. (e.g. drivers, Windows, changed settings, multimonitor, etc)

The most common cause: Multimonitor

If there's a latency change issue, one common issue is multimonitor.
Like keeping your 60Hz monitor when using your 240Hz.

(1) Use single monitor mode
(2) Do not use two monitors simultaneously (with a 60Hz monitor)
(3) Do not use mixed Hertz. Your lag of a mixed Hz system (240Hz+60Hz) can sometimes slow down to the lower Hz -- due to the way Windows compositing works

TL;DR: Unplug your 60Hz display and use single-display whenever you're playing eSports games
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!