firmware chanelogs?

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
stokedcrf

firmware chanelogs?

Post by stokedcrf » 11 Nov 2018, 11:00

Hey everyone,

I currently have a 2720z running v2 of the firmware (back in the day I send it to Benq to have flashed).
However, I was reading through the site here and it led me to the Drive link that had all the firmwares to download, and it appears that the xl2720z is up to v7 now? Am I reading this correctly?

If this is the case, I'm wondering if there is a changelog out there. I can't seem to find any.

Just trying to figure out if I should update again.
Thanks!

Falkentyne

Re: firmware chanelogs?

Post by Falkentyne » 11 Nov 2018, 23:41

stokedcrf wrote:Hey everyone,

I currently have a 2720z running v2 of the firmware (back in the day I send it to Benq to have flashed).
However, I was reading through the site here and it led me to the Drive link that had all the firmwares to download, and it appears that the xl2720z is up to v7 now? Am I reading this correctly?

If this is the case, I'm wondering if there is a changelog out there. I can't seem to find any.

Just trying to figure out if I should update again.
Thanks!
No changelogs.
is the Onedrive link still up? If not I can post another one.
But I can tell you: V3 added an undocumented AMA Low option which fixed the bug in V2 where if you set AMA to high after enabling blur reduction (by overwriting the setting), it would cause horribly intense inverse ghosting, worse than AMA premium. This has now been fixed and is useful. V4 fixed the displayport 120hz+ problem which is a critical bugfix. No idea what V5 fixed. V7 was the Zowie rebrand.