BenQ XL2411P issue

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
tomla1

BenQ XL2411P issue

Post by tomla1 » 26 Nov 2018, 06:34

Dear Users,

I've been searching after solutions for at least 2 months, but I haven't found anything yet, so I'm gonna try it here, hopefully.

So, my little story is :
I bought an XL2411P in September, and I chose that because I had an XL2411Z before, and it was awesome, but unfortunately, I had to sell it.
I got my new display, everything plugged in, so I was really excited to play on 144Hz finally, after one and a half year, but...

it's not smooth.

I thought my old VGA doesn't support 144Hz or something like that, so I bought an Asus GTX1060 6G, but the result is the same, it's bad (and it has so bad colors compared to my old 2411Z, but that's the smaller problem.)
I sent back to RMA, colors are better right now, but still not smooth enough for me, they told me that they but an XL2430 panel in. (I can't describe this problem better than that :D Like it's 144Hz, but it's not.)

I'm playing with CS:GO, and the main issue is, when I move my mouse fast, or doing a flick, a fast 180, I just can't see where my crosshair going, it's not input lag, it's something else, it's lagging, but in an other way, I just can't explain, it's not smooth. My fps is pretty OK, sometimes 90-100, in a fully execute with 5 mollys and 5 smokes, but the problem is continous, not just when the fps drops. (settings: fps_max 300, vsync OFF)

If you, someone, your neighbour, your pet has a solution, please, let me know.

Best regards,

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: BenQ XL2411P issue

Post by RealNC » 26 Nov 2018, 10:28

Do a frame skipping test:

https://www.testufo.com/frameskipping

Verify that it says "144Hz" and read the instructions on that page.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

tomla1

Post by tomla1 » 26 Nov 2018, 16:17

I took the picture with 1/10 exposure, here is the result :

https://imgur.com/a/3zPr69W

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 26 Nov 2018, 16:37

I can't see what it says, but if it says 144Hz, then you're fine when it comes to frame skipping.

Are you sure CS:GO is using 144Hz? Have you checked in the monitor's OSD while in-game?
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

tomla1

Post by tomla1 » 27 Nov 2018, 02:45

Yes, it says it's on 144Hz.

And also yes, after starting CS:GO, the display's menu says it is 144Hz.

After turning on Blur Reduction, it's much smoother than before, but it feels very wierd.

I just tried to connect with DVI (now DP), same result.

Nemayu

Post by Nemayu » 25 Dec 2018, 14:38

Try this:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4747

You can block installing drivers in gpedit.msc:
"Go to Run –> gpedit.msc. In the Group Policy Editor, go to Computer Configuration –> Administrative Templates –> System –> Device Installation –> Device Installation Restrictions. In the right hand pane, select “Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings” and set it to Enabled."
and then uninstall 'pnp generic monitor', search for device changes and disable 'generic pnp monitor' under 'other devices'. Effect is the same.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Dec 2018, 17:49

Hello,

I have gotten reports that the new CS:GO (with the Battle Royale feature) has some changes in lag behaviours relative to the older CS:GO. Is the problem affecting everything, or just your game?

Are you using the same or different mouse?
Do you have the same problem with keyboard strafe left/right?
Did you reinstall the mouse vendor's drivers? (Very important, like Razer, Logitech, Cougar, etc)
Is your mouse poll rate 1000Hz?
Did you put the Control Panel "Mouse Sensitivity" to the exact middle setting? (Instead, adjust DPI instead in the mouse vendor software)
Did you try high DPI in vendor software, high poll rate, and low in-game sensitivity?

Personally, I am a fan of relatively high DPI (1600dpi+) and low in-game sensitivity, because that helps ULMB. Some people prefer lower DPI but for smoother flicks, I tend to prefer the high DPI and disabled acceleration.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!