dyac OFF seems better? (bo4)

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
nvus

dyac OFF seems better? (bo4)

Post by nvus » 14 Dec 2018, 17:20

My main game right now is black ops 4 and I just recently upgraded my monitor from the ASUS VG248QE to the benq XL25465. I've tried multiple settings:

1. 240hz + dyac premium
2. 240hz + dyac high
3. 240hz + dyac off
4. 144hz + dyac premium

I don't know if it's just me, but 240hz with dyac OFF looks way smoother. I cannot hit my shots for shit with dyac on. Also, with dyac HIGH, everything is way brighter than premium or OFF. I also tried 144hz + dyac premium and seemed to be hitting shots fairly well. Anyone know which settings I should be using? I feel like if I don't make use of the dyac, then I should've gotten a gsync monitor. I was under the impression that dyac is better than gsync for FPS games.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: dyac OFF seems better? (bo4)

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 14 Dec 2018, 18:55

It's normal for blur reduction to greatly amplify microstuttering, so you must work harder to smooth strobed microstuttering.

If you like blur reduction -- you may want to optimize the DyAc smoothness a little -- check out Properly Using ULMB Beautifully or Competitively -- and try to have framerates matching stroberates. Also smooth-out your mouse as much as you can, since blur-reduction can amplify the visibility of microstuttering.

GSYNC/FreeSync can be better for games that fluctuate a lot in framerate (e.g. 50fps-200fps fluctuations)
ULMB/DyAc can be better for consisten framerates (e.g. permanently 144fps consistent)

Also, sometimes VSYNC OFF can be very weird with ULMB/DyAc, so the ultralow-lag VSYNC ON tricks sometimes works well with that (the new RTSS scanline sync technique now comes highly recommended), so aiming can sometimes greatly improve with that since RTSS scanline sync is almost like adding "GSYNC style smoothing to your strobed jitteriness", but only works if your frame rendering stay below 50% of a frametime.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

nvus

Re: dyac OFF seems better? (bo4)

Post by nvus » 14 Dec 2018, 20:15

Wish I thoroughly read that guide before buying. Seems like gsync wouldve benefit me more.