I need help about the options in the benq xl2546 factory men

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
longjeang

I need help about the options in the benq xl2546 factory men

Post by longjeang » 21 Dec 2018, 02:57

What is...
-AUTOCOLOR?(what it does?)
-BURNIN?(what it does?)
-CLEARUSER?(what it does?)
-OFFSET?(what it does?)
-GAIN?(what it does?)
-COLORTEMP?
-DCR?(what it does?)
-OD?(what it does?)
-OD GAIN?(what it does?)
-SBRI?(what it does?)
-SCON?(what it does?)
-ADDR?(what it does?)
-VALUE?(what it does?)
-PANELSSC?(what it does?)
-DDRSSC?(what it does?)
-I I C SLAVE ADDR?(what it does?)
-DEBUGMEG?(what it does?)

And another stupid question, my computer have virus so bad so my monitor(benq xl2546) can be infect virus from computer?
Attachments
48387413_1043736232496081_6707587100612493312_n.jpg
48387413_1043736232496081_6707587100612493312_n.jpg (124.75 KiB) Viewed 7562 times

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: I need help about the options in the benq xl2546 factory

Post by RealNC » 21 Dec 2018, 09:22

You can find most of the answers yourself on Google. Have you tried that?
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

longjeang

Post by longjeang » 21 Dec 2018, 12:58

RealNC wrote:You can find most of the answers yourself on Google. Have you tried that?
I do, I can not find the information I need about the factory menu. About virus I want to ask here for sure.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 26 Dec 2018, 11:30

longjeang wrote:
RealNC wrote:You can find most of the answers yourself on Google. Have you tried that?
I do, I can not find the information I need about the factory menu. About virus I want to ask here for sure.
Don't mess with any of those options except one.

The only option worth using is "OD GAIN", which allows you to fine tune the INVERSE GHOSTING from overdrive (When using AMA high) and reduce it to positive ghosting or almost completely remove it. This is a quite useful setting, but is not persistent. Any resolution changes will reset this.

longjeang

Post by longjeang » 27 Dec 2018, 01:28

Falkentyne wrote:
longjeang wrote:

The only option worth using is "OD GAIN", which allows you to fine tune the INVERSE GHOSTING from overdrive (When using AMA high) and reduce it to positive ghosting or almost completely remove it. This is a quite useful setting, but is not persistent. Any resolution changes will reset this.
Thanks, Do you know option "ADDR" mean?

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 28 Dec 2018, 17:32

longjeang wrote:
Falkentyne wrote:
longjeang wrote:

Thanks, Do you know option "ADDR" mean?
Yes, it means "don't mess with it."
Just don't.
The last thing you want to do is change the scaler address for your monitor and have it black screen and wonder what went wrong.

Just use the OD Gain.
That's what is actually useful for you. It allows you to fine tune the inverse->positive ghosting. The OD Gain option is something which Benq really should just put into the OSD, under AMA "fine tuning" (hard to explain, this option can't be used in PLACE of the main AMA setting--anyone who used the old Asus VG248QE who messed with OD Gain and who tried to use "TraceFree=100" then tried to change OD Gain downwards after, would know what I'm talking about.

The "Color" gain settings at the very top were for *VGA* only (DB15 I think? or Dsub?). The last video cards that had VGA inputs were some older Radeons and some rather old laptops, but required a RAMDAC. If you used a VGA to DVI adapter on some older Benqs, you could change the RGB channels. That doesn't work with direct DVI or displayport, but then again I do not have any newer Benq so I don't know if the color settings work now. Those settings were for factory calibration and service.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 28 Dec 2018, 17:53

Theoretically, I could write a software utility to adjust OD gain -- like Blur Busters Strobe Utility is an equivalent of using the Factory Menu for the specific strobe settings.

One of us tried to find a DDC command using Entech Taiwan SoftMCCS but we couldn't find any VCP command code that mapped to OD Gain. However, if anyone finds a VCP command that is OD Gain, please let me know, and I should be able to add it as an extra option to Blur Busters Strobe Utility.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

longjeang

Post by longjeang » 29 Dec 2018, 01:46

Falkentyne wrote:

Just don't.
The last thing you want to do is change the scaler address for your monitor and have it black screen and wonder what went wrong.

It's fine, when I change the "ADDR" option it's fine, the monitor works fine, nothing changes. But it is the only option that does not return to default when I "clearuser". So I really wonder what is this option? What it does?

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 29 Dec 2018, 02:02

longjeang wrote:
Falkentyne wrote:

Just don't.

It's fine, when I change the "ADDR" option it's fine, the monitor works fine, nothing changes. But it is the only option that does not return to default when I "clearuser". So I really wonder what is this option? What it does?
I don't have any of these monitors.
But in older monitors the options were called "Scaler bank" and "SSC bank", and an old monitor review site mentioning the "service menu" said do not mess with those options because you could prevent the monitor from even turning on. Some options don't even work without a bus probe connecting directly to the PCB. It's for factory engineers only.

longjeang

Post by longjeang » 29 Dec 2018, 02:12

Falkentyne wrote:
longjeang wrote:
Falkentyne wrote:

Just don't.

I don't have any of these monitors.
But in older monitors the options were called "Scaler bank" and "SSC bank", and an old monitor review site mentioning the "service menu" said do not mess with those options because you could prevent the monitor from even turning on. Some options don't even work without a bus probe connecting directly to the PCB. It's for factory engineers only.
Thank you! S2