XL2546 not saving factory menu changes after shutting down

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
zivko

XL2546 not saving factory menu changes after shutting down

Post by zivko » 30 Dec 2018, 12:58

I have a problem with XL2546, when i adjust OD GAIN in factory menu its fine as long as i dont turn the monitor off or turn off PC. When i turn the monitor on, OD GAIN turns back to its default value 3C (with DyAc Premium).

Also, if i want to save one setting with DyAc off and one with DyAc Premium, OD GAIN in both settings will revert to default the moment i switch between them even if i dont turn the monitor off.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix for any of this, permanently saving OD settings i want to use?

In case its important information, im using S-switch to save 3 presets and switch between them.

Falkentyne

Re: XL2546 not saving factory menu changes after shutting do

Post by Falkentyne » 31 Dec 2018, 19:27

zivko wrote:I have a problem with XL2546, when i adjust OD GAIN in factory menu its fine as long as i dont turn the monitor off or turn off PC. When i turn the monitor on, OD GAIN turns back to its default value 3C (with DyAc Premium).

Also, if i want to save one setting with DyAc off and one with DyAc Premium, OD GAIN in both settings will revert to default the moment i switch between them even if i dont turn the monitor off.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix for any of this, permanently saving OD settings i want to use?

In case its important information, im using S-switch to save 3 presets and switch between them.
No, there is no way to save this setting. it is not a persistent setting as it is designed for engineers only.
This same type of factory menu was present on the Asus VG248QE and VG278H, although few people knew what it did, and the OD Gain setting would revert even if you changed the refresh rate.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: XL2546 not saving factory menu changes after shutting do

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 01 Jan 2019, 15:30

If only there was a DDC command for OD gain.

That way, I could modify Blur Busters Strobe Utility to become a persistent System Tray utility. Then make it automatically reset the OD Gain setting everytime it detected a reset (e.g. rebooted / changed resolution / changed refresh rates / powerup).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!