Vertical 1350 trick Problem IN GAMES.

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
arjenn

Vertical 1350 trick Problem IN GAMES.

Post by arjenn » 12 Mar 2019, 12:03

I'm using xl2411z and i made the 1350tricks. But in Apexlegends I cant use that custom resolution, Game using native resolution directly. How can i fix this?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Vertical 1350 trick Problem IN GAMES.

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Mar 2019, 10:36

That's because the game is probably trying to switch to a different refresh rate (e.g. using 144Hz instead of 120Hz+VT).

Can you verify via your monitor's on-screen display?

Some games have command line options to force it to use a specific refresh rate.

Also, some utilities exist to force a game to use a specific refresh rate (that has the customization)

Dangerous but one brute-force way is to simply delete all refresh rates except for the custom Vertical Total. That means the game has no choice but to use the large-VT mode. Remember to use reset-all.exe (ToastyX CRU) to restore the deleted resolutions.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!