Strobe Utility syncing with wrong monitor's refresh rate?

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
GreenAlien

Strobe Utility syncing with wrong monitor's refresh rate?

Post by GreenAlien » 11 Apr 2019, 06:30

strobeutility2.png
strobeutility2.png (45.63 KiB) Viewed 2388 times
I have two monitors. My Primary is a Zowie XL2730Z @ 144hz, and the secondary is a Samsung CF791 @ 100hz. When I run the Strobe Utility on the Zowie, it displays the correct refresh rate however it runs at 100fps rather than 144fps. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thank you!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Strobe Utility syncing with wrong monitor's refresh rate

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 15 Apr 2019, 10:50

Strobe Utility sometimes has problems when your BenQ/Zowie monitor is not the primary.

This is the same problem as trying to run http://www.testufo.com simultaneously on two different-Hz multimonitor: It just doesn't work properly.

The frame rate usually synchronizes to the primary monitor, but sometimes it synchronizes to the wrong monitor.

Try minimizing all windows except Strobe Utility, then try again. (Make sure the Strobe Utility adjuster is on the same monitor being adjusted too -- e.g. no window on the 100Hz)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!