BenQ xl2546 dyac problem ?

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Misha1337

BenQ xl2546 dyac problem ?

Post by Misha1337 » 02 Jan 2020, 19:39

Hello I own a xl2546 @240hz and it's like 1 year old with 1080ti with no OC

Am using AmA high, DyAc premium and everything else is on default.

Everything was fine but like 2 weeks ago I started to feel like the monitor is not running fine text is blurry and fuzzy also I feel like DyAc is not working at all and it's way more obvious in games

I went to testufo/crosstalk to check if there is something wrong happening and opened it in full screen mode like for 30 secs to check and after I closed the browser while moving the mouse cursor it feels like the response time went to like 15ms so
I did a reset all from the monitor OSD/ toggle between AmA off and high/ toggle DyAc on and off but nothing changed

I was capturing my TeamViewer id with my mobile camera and I found something Soo weird that the blue reduction lines that keeps moving across the screen (those who are only visible when u check them with a camera. sorry I don't the actual terminology) are running vertically not horizontally as they supposed to be or like I used to see them on my monitor.

So I don't know what should I do now.

A Solid lad

Re: BenQ xl2546 dyac problem ?

Post by A Solid lad » 03 Jan 2020, 01:30

Follow these steps and see if one of them fixes your issues:

Try reconnecting the monitor to a Different HDMI/DP output on your GFX card while your pc is turned off, and also while it's turned on.
Download CRU and do a "reset-all" then a "restart".
Wipe your GPU drivers with DDU in safe mode, then reinstall them.

If your problems aren't solved after trying all of these methods, I think it's safe to say you should RMA the monitor.
Discord | Youtube | Twitch
Steam with a list of monitors & mice I've used/use.

Misha1337

Post by Misha1337 » 03 Jan 2020, 16:51

A Solid lad wrote:
03 Jan 2020, 01:30
Follow these steps and see if one of them fixes your issues:

Try reconnecting the monitor to a Different HDMI/DP output on your GFX card while your pc is turned off, and also while it's turned on.
Download CRU and do a "reset-all" then a "restart".
Wipe your GPU drivers with DDU in safe mode, then reinstall them.

If your problems aren't solved after trying all of these methods, I think it's safe to say you should RMA the monitor.

I found something very weird that the OD gain in the service menu is set to 38 not 3C as it should be by default and for some reason it's the default value now I tried to change it but it keeps resetting after turning the monitor off.

Would a CLEAR USER maybe help ?

Anyway am gonna try what you said first but I have a question if I tried to change the output port on the graphic card while the PC is turned on should the monitor also be turned on as well ?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Jan 2020, 12:13

The steps recommended in Solid Lad's post should be tried.

For the camera lines, ignore that -- it's not the problem (the camera lines were already there even before your problem). It's a behaviour with all strobe backlights with some rolling-shutter cameras, so it's a red herring.

However, something is definitely wrong if you see the monitor go really bad during DyAc where it didn't before.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

A Solid lad

Post by A Solid lad » 06 Jan 2020, 09:38

@Misha1337
Yeah, leave both devices on... that's how I do it, when I need to.
CLEAR USER might also be worth a shot, can't see it hurting. :)
Discord | Youtube | Twitch
Steam with a list of monitors & mice I've used/use.

rootsoft

Post by rootsoft » 09 Jan 2020, 17:45

Change your TeamViewer password.