Please Help upgrading to V2 on the XL2720z

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
LogicElite

Re: Please Help upgrading to V2 on the XL2720z

Post by LogicElite » 19 Apr 2014, 14:53

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Let me try to help out here:
There are two people here that got it working by repeating the firmware upgrade process again:

1. Unplug monitor from power for a few seconds.
2. Plug in monitor.
3. Turn off your monitor, keep it in standby mode. Do not connect any cables except VGA cable
4. Follow procedures at http://www.blurbusters.com/benq/diy-fir ... -z-series/

If it fails, try:
- A different VGA cable from the monitor to the MSTAR ISP;
- Plug your MSTAR ISP to a different USB port (not through a hub);
- Upgrade your monitor from a different computer;
Which MSTAR ISP are you using? Are you using the unit obtained from cart100, or one of the other clones?

There are also more people who had similar issues as yours, but they solved it by repeating the upgrade process again:
http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=604
So they have successfully fixed this by repeating the upgrade.

Hundreds have followed the DIY upgrade successfully, so what happened here is rare. Let me know if the suggestions above solves your problem.
Hi Chief,

He's using my unit (the one from aliexpress).

Please keep us posted superslug, have you followed Chief's instructions?

And btw.. there is someone in london (canada) who is interested to upgrade :)

Thanks.

LogicElite

Post by LogicElite » 21 Apr 2014, 07:48

Wow.. this guy took my unit without paying any shipping fees and deleted his account...

[Address information moved to private message]

Chief, can you track his email?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 21 Apr 2014, 10:19

Hello,

MSTAR ISP from aliexpress are considered more tricky to operate than cart100 units.
You need to use a different set of instructions for aliexpress units (Turning on DVI HPD On in Service Menu, and then upgrading over DVI instead of VGA, since the VGA on the aliexpress units don't usually work). LogicElite's unit is one of those from aliexpress.

HOWEVER, all buyers must pay their sellers for their MSTAR ISP (preferably BEFORE shipment) and if payment cannot be made, the unit MUST be returned. Problems using a MSTAR ISP is never an excuse for non-payment or non-return of MSTAR ISP's. Theft is not tolerated on Blur Busters. However, if this is simply a frustration on what you think might be non-working, you must still return the unit if you refuse to pay.

superslugz27 -- can you:
(1) make sure you send a PM to LogicElite telling him that you will be paying for your unit,
(2) or make sure you return the ISP back to LogicElite;

Appreciated! Let's preferably bring this to a good & happy resolution.
Blur Busters Forums is a community of co-operative users.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

superslugz27

Post by superslugz27 » 23 Apr 2014, 11:35

Logicelite I sent you a PM the day I got the unit.
I asked you in a PM if you took paypal and where to ship the unit but you never responded.
Further more you never Pm'ed me asking if I even got the unit, please don not accuse me of not paying for the unit, or keeping it.
As far as deleting my account I don't know what you are talking about, my blur busters account has been always active.

As far as the monitor is concerned the tech said that the monitor power supply may have gone bad.
So I do not think something is wrong with the MStart unit.

superslugz27

Post by superslugz27 » 23 Apr 2014, 12:24

I fully intend on paying the rental fee and shipping as agreed.

LogicElite

Post by LogicElite » 23 Apr 2014, 12:55

superslugz27 wrote:Logicelite I sent you a PM the day I got the unit.
I asked you in a PM if you took paypal and where to ship the unit but you never responded.
Further more you never Pm'ed me asking if I even got the unit, please don not accuse me of not paying for the unit, or keeping it.
As far as deleting my account I don't know what you are talking about, my blur busters account has been always active.

As far as the monitor is concerned the tech said that the monitor power supply may have gone bad.
So I do not think something is wrong with the MStart unit.
I'm very pleased to hear from you :)

Unfortunately I have not received any of your message and when I tried to bring you support by PM your account was disabled ... so it was impossible for me to communicate with you. Regardless, we hear from you and I'm glad that you currently have the support from BENQ. Ill make sure to send you shipping info shortly for returning the unit.

Thanks.

superslugz27

Post by superslugz27 » 23 Apr 2014, 13:29

Are you sure you typed my name right? I was able to communicate with godimas telling him I got the unit, he replied back to me.

superslugz27

Post by superslugz27 » 29 Apr 2014, 15:43

I have shipped the unit today,