[fixed] Benq Blur Reduction Utility No Longer Working

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Rekt

Post by Rekt » 17 Apr 2014, 17:08

I am trying to figure out why the BENQ Blur Reduction & Strobe Utility is no longer working. I have a XL2720Z monitor with V2 firmware. I used to work, but now it doesn't. I reinstalled the BBR Utility, but that doesn't work. I tried changing resolutions and refresh rates, turned off and on the monitor and rebooted my computer...nothing seems to work. I even tried toggling on and off some of the monitor menu settings such as DDC/CI but to no avail.

The BBR Utility opens up fine and recognizes a supported monitor, but then you adjust any of the settings (override, persistence, and crosstalk) it does nothing. It seems that the monitor is stuck on the previous settings I had which were Persistence at 2.0ms and 0 (far left) Crosstalk. Unchecking and checking the "override "doesn't affect the image either. Other than playing with a few different VT settings, nothing else that I am aware of as changed on my system.

Any ideas on how to get the BBR Utility working again?

Rekt

Post by Rekt » 17 Apr 2014, 17:43

Okay, well I figured it out. I must had the OSD locked. To unlock the OSD, you have to press and hold one of the buttons on the side until it says it's unlocked (10 secs). Once that happens, BBR Utility works again. I guess the OSD option in the Menu only locks the OSD, it doesn't toggle it on and off.

I wonder if this should be put under the FAQ just in case someone else has this issue.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: [fixed] Benq Blur Reduction Utility No Longer Working

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Apr 2014, 21:29

Good points!

Need to make sure:
-- Must be outside of service menu
-- Must not be in burn-in mode (pressing button brings up burn-in menu)
-- Must not have OSD locked
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!