XL2411Z Firmware V1

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: XL2411Z Firmware V1

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 Apr 2014, 09:42

jLLL wrote:Is the production of the Z-series in asia generally changing to v2 or is it just Benq USA flashing themselfs?
So that in the future there will be v2 monitors in other stores all over the world and not just at Benq Online Store in USA.
Yes, that is my understanding, but I can't vouch on that currently.
The best thing to do is to contact your regional BENQ and check if they're shipping V2 in your country.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

LordReborn

Post by LordReborn » 23 Apr 2014, 15:57

jLLL , just wanted to let you know that "notebooksbilliger.de" says, they have version 2 monitors of benq in stock, to be exact the XL2411Z. I just ordered one which will hopefully arrive tomorrow. As soon as I can tell you something definite about the Firmware version Ill update here ;)

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 Apr 2014, 18:39

Excellent news to hear third-party vendors are becoming aware of V2 monitors!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

LordReborn

Post by LordReborn » 24 Apr 2014, 04:49

Well sadly it looks like I got a Version 1 Monitor, at least the BenQ Service Menu said so... I understand it right, that V0001 - means version 1 regardsless of the nubmers following?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Apr 2014, 20:34

LordReborn wrote:Well sadly it looks like I got a Version 1 Monitor, at least the BenQ Service Menu said so... I understand it right, that V0001 - means version 1 regardsless of the nubmers following?
Unfortunately, that's correct.
You can download Strobe Utility and if it says "Old Firmware", that's an additional confirmation.

Take a photograph of both:
1. A close-up picture of the Service Menu displaying "V001"
2. A close-up picture of the "Old Firmware" message.
And send these pictures to your seller, to tell them that their monitor are Version 1.

Note: Run Strobe Utility, after powercycling the monitor to disable the service menu. Strobe Utility prefers to run when the "service menu" / "burn in menu" is disabled.

If your vendor is unable to solve your problem, you can still do a DIY upgrade to V2. Even obtaining the MSTAR ISP may be cheaper than shipping the monitor.

LordReborn

Post by LordReborn » 24 Apr 2014, 20:43

Thanks for you confirmation!

Already packed it back into its box, and will return it to them tomorrow. Will cost me all in all about 5€ , so it seems like its the better deal, than going for the MSTAR (at least if I don't have to do this too often)

BenQ Germany now told me, that any monitor that was manufactured before March 6th will be shipped with Firmware V1. So it seems like I have no choice but to wait for the newly manufactured monitors to become available from any resellers ,which may take a while.
(Doesn't make it easier that many sellers can't even tell you which one they have and which they will send to you)

I'll update here if I finally found any store thats able to ship a monitor with V2.

jLLL

Post by jLLL » 25 Apr 2014, 07:05

LordReborn would you like to write me a private message with your Steam, Facebook or any other contact information? So we can share our information faster and discuss the topic.

LordReborn

Post by LordReborn » 25 Apr 2014, 13:45

Yep just did so, in case it didn't work somehow, could you do the same?

jLLL

Post by jLLL » 25 Apr 2014, 16:06

Hopefully i can see your message after this post :P.

Edit: Nope I am not authorized to read private messages :(.

LordReborn

Post by LordReborn » 25 Apr 2014, 16:12

hmm maybe just try to send me a pm with your infos, maybe this works for me , otherwise ill post my spam email here so you can send it there , shouldnt be a problem ;)