XL2411P feels slow,unresponsive and shows vertical lines on the monitor

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
fREQUENCY

XL2411P feels slow,unresponsive and shows vertical lines on the monitor

Post by fREQUENCY » 21 Apr 2020, 13:24

I have this issue for months now and i have tried a lot of windows 10 versions and drivers but i cant make the game feel smooth(not windows or hardware issue).I have tried a LOT of settings on the monitor with AMA on high and Instant mode on or off (INSTANT MODE OFF= lines on the screen,its like i can see the monitor refresh and not always at OFF setting,this comes back randomly and i must turn on and off them monitor. Look here from an other user that has the same issue https://old.reddit.com/r/BenQ/comments/ ... l_greyish/ ) . Also an other user expresses the same issue with me here. https://old.reddit.com/r/BenQ/comments/ ... d_delayed/

https://imgur.com/a/OFm8Lby Night mode frame skip test

Please, this has been going on for so long.

MK-

Re: XL2411P feels slow,unresponsive and shows vertical lines on the monitor

Post by MK- » 08 May 2020, 07:13

unplugging cable does work

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 11 Nov 2020, 20:26

Turn instant mode on. That will solve that issue

uroshnish

Post by uroshnish » 04 Sep 2021, 12:50

Replied to another post, it seems to be problem with this model of monitor, I don't know about others. I'm having this happen to me aswell, input lag + horizontal lines. Unplug/plug or turn off/on monitor fixes it temporarily but it comes back. My monitor is out of warranty, it was manufactured earl 2018. If we got any BenQ representative to help us with this it would be great. I really would like to know what is the reason for this to happen

nnnn20

Post by nnnn20 » 04 Sep 2021, 14:30

uroshnish wrote:
04 Sep 2021, 12:50
Replied to another post, it seems to be problem with this model of monitor, I don't know about others. I'm having this happen to me aswell, input lag + horizontal lines. Unplug/plug or turn off/on monitor fixes it temporarily but it comes back. My monitor is out of warranty, it was manufactured earl 2018. If we got any BenQ representative to help us with this it would be great. I really would like to know what is the reason for this to happen
I most likely won't be able to help, but I have messed a lot with the instant mode settings on my (slightly older) benq so I might have a few clues if you answer a few questions... Do you have more than one monitor? Could you show us what the full details of your Windows resolution look like? And in your monitor's OSD, does the resolution match perfectly with what your OS says? What about your scaling options, both inside the monitor and in the OS; what are they like? Have you looked at your GPU's clock while this is happening?

uroshnish

Post by uroshnish » 04 Sep 2021, 17:15

Okay so I came to the conclusion after extensive testing that it's a monitor problem, and it feels like this particular model is hit by it after I went trough some reports of other people experiencing the same.

I feel like this issue needs to be reported and addressed by BenQ, even tho it's an old model by now. I will try to contact BenQ representatives in my country and see what can be done further, if we don't already have BenQ representative here.

Issue is pretty random, it can happen from cold boot, from restart, from entering game etc... Once you unplug/plug cable or turn the monitor off and on it gets fixed until it happens again. Lately I started playing FPS games a lot again so I got into investigating this. For this particular reason I think a lot of people who actually got this problem, don't even realise they have it.

Quick clarification on testing I've done:

It is not caused by any software setting or bug. I've been doing clean installs of every single thing you can imagine.
It is not caused by monitor settings.
I have tested other PC and noticed same input lag happening.
I have tested those PCs on another monitor without experiencing any problem.
I have tested it in other places to rule out electricity problem.

My own PC hardware is as follows:

MOBO: ASRock Taichi X570
CPU: AMD R9 5900X
RAM: G-Skill 2x8 3200Mhz
GPU: EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Platinum 750W

uroshnish

Post by uroshnish » 04 Sep 2021, 17:58

Also I'm expecting new monitor by tuesday/wednesday so I will confirm all of this when that happens hopefully.

nnnn20

Post by nnnn20 » 04 Sep 2021, 18:38

If I had to guess I'd say it is possible that something driver/OS wise is causing the monitor to change its refresh rate in real time without it being properly handled by the monitor, which would explain why it behaves differently between instant mode on/off, as they have very different ways of dealing with the signal. I wouldn't be surprised if it was related to buggy freesync/gsync settings trying to work and glitching out certain monitors, I noticed that nvidia has defaulted a bunch of gsync related settings to ON on newer drivers, regardless of if you have a capable monitor or not.

fREQUENCY

Post by fREQUENCY » 25 Jul 2022, 10:41

Coming hot after some years to mention that the display is really bad. I changed it and the issue went away.The input lag as well.