XL2720Z panel fault ?

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Falkentyne

Re: XL2720Z panel fault ?

Post by Falkentyne » 24 Jun 2020, 17:33

Buchette wrote:
24 Jun 2020, 13:30
Just replaced the faulty panel, it's a 10 minutes job, no tool needed but your hands :lol:
Can you write up the procedure for replacing a faulty panel, without destroying something on the inside?
Might be helpful for others.
I assume it's just buying an "AUO M270HTN01.0" panel? or did you buy another revision?

Greatly appreciated. (because I'm good at breaking stuff, I'd rather ask).

Buchette

Post by Buchette » 25 Jun 2020, 07:17

Yes, i should have taken pictures.

I ordered the panel here : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/40010683 ... hweb201603

So i can confirm it's the right panel, and i did not found any cheaper anywhere in the world searching for a week. So..to me it's a no brainer.

stick striclty to this reference : M270HTN01.0 "1.0" is not a revision.
M270HTN01.1 exists, but it's a 60Hz Panel.

Procedure:

1/remove the screen from stand, just like it was out of the box

2/grab the bottom front bezel on the top of the Benq logo from the panel side with your fingers. At some point the clips will release, you will ear the typical click sounds. Don't be afraid, they are very well engineered and wont break. Then from the bottom center keep uncliping to both sides of the bezel, then to the top. Be careful with the tactile buttons side: there is a ribbon connected.

3/Disconnect the tactile command ribbon carefully. You can help with a small flat screw driver to move (not remove) the retainer clip. Now the front bezel is removed.

4/Nothing hols the Panel to the monitor frame anymore, so be carefully. Now you have to remove 3 ribbons.

5/Remove the backlight ribbon located on the bottom left corner of the panel when you face it like when you use it (very small maybe 4-6 wires), it just pops out.

6/remove the 2 LVDS wide ribbons : you need to press the side retainer clips while you pull it.

7/ The panel is not attached to anything anymore. Remove it.

8/Put the new panel.

9/Now do everything in reverse.

The most tricky part is to put back the control panel ribbon in place, there is not enough room to do it easily and the cable is short. My advise is to have someone helping you just hanging the bezel while you work on i, else you could break the connector.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 25 Jun 2020, 11:37

Buchette wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 07:17
Yes, i should have taken pictures.

I ordered the panel here : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/40010683 ... hweb201603

So i can confirm it's the right panel, and i did not found any cheaper anywhere in the world searching for a week. So..to me it's a no brainer.

stick striclty to this reference : M270HTN01.0 "1.0" is not a revision.
M270HTN01.1 exists, but it's a 60Hz Panel.

Procedure:

1/remove the screen from stand, just like it was out of the box

2/grab the bottom front bezel on the top of the Benq logo from the panel side with your fingers. At some point the clips will release, you will ear the typical click sounds. Don't be afraid, they are very well engineered and wont break. Then from the bottom center keep uncliping to both sides of the bezel, then to the top. Be careful with the tactile buttons side: there is a ribbon connected.

3/Disconnect the tactile command ribbon carefully. You can help with a small flat screw driver to move (not remove) the retainer clip. Now the front bezel is removed.

4/Nothing hols the Panel to the monitor frame anymore, so be carefully. Now you have to remove 3 ribbons.

5/Remove the backlight ribbon located on the bottom left corner of the panel when you face it like when you use it (very small maybe 4-6 wires), it just pops out.

6/remove the 2 LVDS wide ribbons : you need to press the side retainer clips while you pull it.

7/ The panel is not attached to anything anymore. Remove it.

8/Put the new panel.

9/Now do everything in reverse.

The most tricky part is to put back the control panel ribbon in place, there is not enough room to do it easily and the cable is short. My advise is to have someone helping you just hanging the bezel while you work on i, else you could break the connector.
Thank you. This is very detailed and helpful.