Screen goes fuzzy with Strobing Off (need help)

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
mutanthole

Screen goes fuzzy with Strobing Off (need help)

Post by mutanthole » 07 Jul 2020, 00:55

Hi, I'm new to this forum and have almost no technical knowledge (so please be gentle with comments and I might need/ask for slightly more thorough explanations/steps). Bought a BenQ 2411T in 2013 which I'm still using, and have a GeForce GTX 960 as my GPU.

I think I discovered LightBoost sometime in 2014 for games like Counter Strike, and stopped using it when it crashed my display. Screen goes fuzzy like when a CRT TV has no signal.

Just started using it again for games, and am happy that there are now quite a few different refresh rates I can set my monitor to.

However, there seems to be an issue with LightBoost when it's turned off, presumably when my monitor's also refreshing at 144Hz. Here's a live example of how the fuzzy screen appears. The issue is most replicable when I'm on Netflix, as seen in this video (not sure how else to tag a video here, sorry if it's not the right format)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BJCerX ... sp=sharing

The fuzzy screen issue stays on that particular refresh rate until I restart my computer. If I turn strobing back on, it goes away. If I change the refresh rate to something else with strobing still off, the issue goes away. The refresh rates I picked to install LightBoost are the top 2 and bottom 2 of the options presented respectively for Strobing On and Strobing Off, which is why I'm guessing the refresh rate wherein the problem lies is on 144Hz non-strobed.

Does anyone know if it's due to the monitor, my GPU, incompatible refresh rates, or some other reason, and more importantly how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

mutanthole

Re: Screen goes fuzzy with Strobing Off (need help)

Post by mutanthole » 15 Jul 2020, 00:20

I think I'll solve the issue a different way. The trusty 7-year-old BenQ monitor has a couple of off-colour horizontal lines, so I guess it's a sooner-or-later thing before the end of its lifespan. Will just get a new monitor to replace it lol. Thanks guys for viewing this thread. Admin, can close this, thanks.

Side note: if I change the Strobelight settings to 121Hz strobed and 120Hz non-strobed, the issue does not replicate. It seems like only the 144Hz setting makes it go wonky. Probably because the monitor does not support it, as the max refresh rate it's meant to support is 120Hz