Lightboost ghosting vs. 2411z ghosting

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
jLLL

Lightboost ghosting vs. 2411z ghosting

Post by jLLL » 02 May 2014, 09:42

Hi,

how do the double image effects compare?
From what i have heard the Lightboost ghosting is even lower than 2411z with v2. I currently have a 2411z with v1 and like expected the upper third of the screen is almost ok. Will the whole screen of the 2411z be like the upper third or will the upper and lower part get worse with v2 tuning?
I know there are pictures of this, but I would like to hear comments on it. Seeing it on pictures and in real life are two different things :P.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Lightboost ghosting vs. 2411z ghosting

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 May 2014, 10:34

jLLL wrote:From what i have heard the Lightboost ghosting is even lower than 2411z with v2. I currently have a 2411z with v1 and like expected the upper third of the screen is almost ok. Will the whole screen of the 2411z be like the upper third or will the upper and lower part get worse with v2 tuning? I know there are pictures of this, but I would like to hear comments on it. Seeing it on pictures and in real life are two different things :P.
You get less strobe crosstalk (ghosting) with LightBoost than with BENQ Blur Reduction. However, the color quality for LightBoost is poorer and you often have a color tinting. LightBoost was originally designed for 3D stereoscopic use, though it was taken advantage of for 2D blur reduction. So it is a trade-off.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

jLLL

Post by jLLL » 02 May 2014, 10:38

I am considering not sending my 2411z to Benq for flashing. I am not very into color quality and normally my brightness is still very dim. Motion fluidity is the most important thing for me. Would it be wise to buy the Asus Vg248qe? Is the crosstalk almost non existent with this screen?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 May 2014, 10:47

jLLL wrote:I am considering not sending my 2411z to Benq for flashing. I am not very into color quality and normally my brightness is still very dim. Motion fluidity is the most important thing for me.
The strobe crosstalk goes down dramatically.
LightBoost is also very dim too as well, especially at LightBoost 10%.
jLLL wrote:Would it be wise to buy the Asus Vg248qe? Is the crosstalk almost non existent with this screen?
There is still strobe crosstalk for LightBoost, just not as much. However, you get only half the contrast ratio, and a purple/crimson tint. The VG248QE is popular because it's the most inexpensive 120Hz monitor, but it is the lowest color quality during strobe mode.

Amount of strobe crosstalk (worst <-------> best)

BENQ Z-Series V1 <---------------------------------------------> BENQ Z-Series V2 <-----------> ASUS VG248QE

Which means the V2 upgrade, combined with the Vertical Total 1350 tweak, brings the Z-Series much, much closer to LightBoost, but without the large LightBoost color quality degradation and inflexibility. (e.g. Did you know that LightBoost locks the picture adjustments on the monitor, making you unable to adjust color via monitor panel controls?)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

jLLL

Post by jLLL » 02 May 2014, 11:06

Yeah, I knew that. Thought digital vibrance could fix it.
Btw the 2411z with v2 seems to be sold by amazon.de.
A friend of mine got one with v2. I bought another one there in hope of getting v2. It will arrive tomorrow. Maybe I am also misinterpreting the results of the v1 and I just need more persistence. I remember the crt feeling very well and v1 ist still pretty far away.