XL2411K Missing Single Strobe Feature

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Angel Soler

Re: Good News Everyone: 60Hz Single Strobe Options

Post by Angel Soler » 05 Nov 2020, 12:22

Hi:

I got the XL2411K today.

I have applied the Blur Buster application to it, following the same steps I did with the XL2411P (activate the single strobe box once I have the DyAc activated) but it has no effect.
When I check the box, I get a little less brightness and a little less blur but I still see a double image on the whole screen. It's like the crosstalk takes up the entire screen.

I move strobe phase and it seems to move somewhat up and down but it is very subtle.
The application has not given me an incompatibility error.
It seems that the monitor is not capable of single strobe at 60 hz :(

Please help. If so I will have to return it :(

Thanks a lot
a greeting

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 Nov 2020, 16:51

Angel Soler wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 12:22
Hi:
I got the XL2411K today.
Can you please open the Factory Menu and take a photo of it.
Does it say "60 Hz Single Strobe" anywhere in that Factory Menu?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Angel Soler

Post by Angel Soler » 05 Nov 2020, 17:52

Yes, of course :)

How do I enter the service menu ?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 Nov 2020, 19:29

Angel Soler wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 17:52
Yes, of course :)

How do I enter the service menu ?
Sticky thread in the BenQ forum here.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2467
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Angel Soler

Post by Angel Soler » 06 Nov 2020, 02:23

I can't get into the Factory menu even though I try button combinations.
The XL2411K has only 4 buttons instead of 5. It looks like a different setup.

There is no other website where I can find how to enter?
I've been googling but can't find anything from the XL2411K :(

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 06 Nov 2020, 02:38

Angel Soler wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 02:23
I can't get into the Factory menu even though I try button combinations.
The XL2411K has only 4 buttons instead of 5. It looks like a different setup.

There is no other website where I can find how to enter?
I've been googling but can't find anything from the XL2411K :(
I think I now have to reach out to BenQ ZOWIE to ask. While waiting for me, try experimenting.

Angel Soler

Post by Angel Soler » 06 Nov 2020, 02:46

Ok. Thank you very much, Chief

You are very kind :)

Angel Soler

Post by Angel Soler » 06 Nov 2020, 19:59

Hello again, Mark.

First of all I want to apologize for asking you so many questions, and of course, thank you for how kind you are and how generous you are for dedicating your time to me.
I would love to be able to reciprocate :). I am a personal trainer, if you need anything related to sports or training I am at your entire disposal :).

Well, I wanted to show you some photos I have taken and tell you what I'm going to do to see what you think.

I bought the XL24111P recently, thanks to your advice in the forum, and I have to say that I am very happy. I think it's the closest I've ever seen to a CRT (you know I want it for 60hz consoles).
So seeing as the XL2411K had just come out, I thought I could improve on the XL2411P by being a more modern monitor.
But from the tests I've done it seems as if the "K" doesn't play the strobe as well as the "P" does. Not only at 60 hz, but even at 120 hz the "K" continues to have a double image even in the area that is NOT the crosstalk area.

The "P" in the area that does NOT belong to the crostalk area is almost perfect, as you can see in the photos.

So, I have the impression that even if we manage to enter the factory menu of "K", we will not be able to surpass the "P", don't you think?

So if I want to get the "K" money back, I have to return it soon and I can't wait long for us to get into the factory menu.

My final idea is to buy one of the monitors that you said was coming out next year, that you said could do strobe at 60 hz ..

While those monitors come out I will stay with the XL2411P which seems to be the one that behaves best with consoles, right?

When one of the new ones comes out and you try it yourself and tell me:
"Angel, this monitor is fantastic," then I'll buy it.
I trust your criteria a lot :), you are the master :)

I would like to know what you think of everything I have told you.
Your opinion is important to me :)

Big hug, Mark
Attachments
Xl2411P
Xl2411P
B07C6093-7966-4C4F-9911-BF77FE54A746.png (664.24 KiB) Viewed 9132 times
Xl2411K
Xl2411K
051E35EE-0ADE-44F6-ACC6-BBD95037C692.png (663.53 KiB) Viewed 9132 times

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 06 Nov 2020, 22:08

Angel Soler wrote:
I move strobe phase and it seems to move somewhat up and down but it is very subtle.
It seems like the XL2411K may have a major bug in this respect; how many % of screen height does the strobe phase change?
Try editing the BlurBustersStrobeUtility.ini to extend the DDC integer range from 0 to 255 instead of 0 to 100. See if that extends strobe phase range.

Also hit the "F" key in Strobe Utility to force selecting Profile A and B, and see if it changes anything.

Depending on our discoveries I may have to forward this information to BenQ.

The XL2411P is likely a superior choice to XL2411K

Angel Soler

Post by Angel Soler » 07 Nov 2020, 04:28

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 22:08
Angel Soler wrote:
It seems like the XL2411K may have a major bug in this respect; how many % of screen height does the strobe phase change?
Try editing the BlurBustersStrobeUtility.ini to extend the DDC integer range from 0 to 255 instead of 0 to 100. See if that extends strobe phase range.

Also hit the "F" key in Strobe Utility to force selecting Profile A and B, and see if it changes anything.

Depending on our discoveries I may have to forward this information to BenQ.

The XL2411P is likely a superior choice to XL2411K
That's right, I provided the 2 settings (A and B), I also provided the XL2411 option, and the option to press the "F" in the utility.
Even all the DyAc and AMA options.
in fact I came to think that there was something that I was not doing well and that it was my fault.

So it seems what you say, there is some kind of bug or something similar.

After all these investigations it seems that the XL2411P is crowned as the king of consoles :). (for now)

If we take into account that to play on the console competitively, you have to eliminate 2 defects: blur and input lag.

The only options right now for consoles are the Benq monitors that can strobe at 60hz and the LG OLED CX.
But the LG achieves great clarity but at the cost of adding input lag (I tried it at a friend's house and it was impossible to play at a competitive level).

So we have the option Benq monitors.

The XL2411P does a fantastic job of combating both of the aforementioned flaws.

The blur eliminates it at 99%. The area that is NOT the crosstalk area, the vast majority of the screen, is amazing as it looks, it is almost a CRT.
And also the crosstalk bar is movable, with which you can put it where it least bothers you.

And input lag is not a problem for this monitor either. Its base input lag is 10 ms. The strobe will add something to it, but we well know the input lag in this case is not a number but a latency gradient.
Well, I've put the crosstalk bar right at the bottom of the screen, so 65-70% of the top of the screen is free of crosstalk and blur. According to the gradient latency if the lag just at the top of the crosstalk bar is 0 ms, the lag in the center of the screen will be about 4 or 6 ms higher. So we would be talking about 14-16 ms (we would still be below the input lag frame).

And I can assure you that I am sick with lag. Well, I play fighting games, FPS and shump. And I get to play with this monitor enjoying every fight and every game :).

So right now the XL2411P is the best option for those who want maximum CRT clarity coupled with a very low input to play competitively.

We are all waiting to see the new monitors that will come next year that will also be able to do strobe at 60 hz.
But in the meantime, we have the XL2411P.

I won't get tired of thanking the Chief :).
This is all thanks to you :)

Greetings to all