Applications overwriting custom resolution?

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
bleachisbeast

Applications overwriting custom resolution?

Post by bleachisbeast » 10 Nov 2020, 05:28

Hello everybody,

When entering an application, say League of Legends for example, going fullscreen in the application/game overwrites the custom resolution settings I have created. Is there any way to overcome this or is this normal? This is a problem because entering the application makes my screen really dark, and it is hard to see much. Pardon me if this seems stupid as I'm rather new to this.

I'm using a Benq XL2430T, at VT 1500, Intensity 16 and Area 40.

Thank you very much!

roflmao

Re: Applications overwriting custom resolution?

Post by roflmao » 13 Nov 2020, 05:55

hi,
mayby similary with my "bug" on a overclocked XL2411 200hz, game select the default hightest resolution(144hz) on fullscreen application if i have modified some settings in nvidia pannel & disabled fullscreen optimisation. (try in window or bordeless to test)

the only way i have found to play on fullscreen @200hz = do not disable fullscreen optimisation & do not touch at NVIDIA settings in "Adjust desktop size and position"

or mayby you can try to "Check Override the scaling mode set by games and programs"