Zowie Benq xl2430 "Out of Range"

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
ixa

Zowie Benq xl2430 "Out of Range"

Post by ixa » 19 Nov 2020, 13:29

Hi there!

First of all. Hello! I am new to this forum. I mean, I just created an user because I've been visiting this forum since years ago.
I create this post to get more info about this problem since there isn't much on the internet.
I currently own a zowie xl2430 that I bought used. But it has this problem where every time that I launch csgo for example at the resolution of 1024x768 it says the "out of range" error. I solve it by powering off and on the monitor.

I read on the internet that it could be a firmware issue, and the best thing to do is to RMA it. But monitor is old and I don't think RMA is an option.

Sorry If I didn't follow any rules when creating this topic. I didn't find any rules to follow before posting. Also I'm not a native speaker, sorry for my English.

Have a great day

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Zowie Benq xl2430 "Out of Range"

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Nov 2020, 14:28

You can also install a firmware upgrade on the XL2430.

These monitors are among the few that end-users can firmware upgrade. It is also possible to clone firmware from a newer XL2430 and flash to an older XL2430 (with caveats, don't mix versions, never mix XL2411Z vs XL2411P vs XL2411K)

Firmware Upgrade using Linux Tool
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

ixa

Post by ixa » 21 Nov 2020, 03:46

Hi!

Sorry I didn't reply you back. I didn't see any notifications.
That's great news, I also contacted BenQ support to see if they could help me. Do you think they can help me ?
If I can't get any help from them. I will try to do what the link you sent me says. It's kind of advanced for me to do stuff like that to be honest...

zn1p

Post by zn1p » 19 Apr 2021, 01:47

I also had similar issue with my xl2430. Fixed it by swtiching from DP to DVI.

DarkKingArthas

Post by DarkKingArthas » 09 Apr 2024, 06:17

ixa wrote:
19 Nov 2020, 13:29
Hi there!

First of all. Hello! I am new to this forum. I mean, I just created an user because I've been visiting this forum since years ago.
I create this post to get more info about this problem since there isn't much on the internet.
I currently own a zowie xl2430 that I bought used. But it has this problem where every time that I launch csgo for example at the resolution of 1024x768 it says the "out of range" error. I solve it by powering off and on the monitor.

I read on the internet that it could be a firmware issue, and the best thing to do is to RMA it. But monitor is old and I don't think RMA is an option.

Sorry If I didn't follow any rules when creating this topic. I didn't find any rules to follow before posting. Also I'm not a native speaker, sorry for my English.

Have a great day
Hi all, I too have been suffering with this problem for quite some time now, back in 2018 since I bought this monitor. I didn't pay attention right away, but today I decided not to sell my friend) I decided to buy him a donor of the latest firmware I could find, my monitor September 2017 revision 00-123BA, first I was able to find 2019 March with revision 00-126BA, but today I saw on sale even cheaper monitor used 2019 revision 00-127BA and immediately wrote to the owner asking about the problem with DP, etc. I have since ordered it and am now waiting to dump it. And also I found a 2015 monitor with firmware 00-120BA, for pennies 21,5 dollars, it looks working, but with dead firmware. It shows different colors and there is a message "Menu and Exit to burn it off", I will try if I am successful in taking and installing the dump on my native monitor to do that for it too, the owner said the repair shop said it might be a firmware problem but they can't help. In my country BENQ officially stopped its work, so I will have to do everything myself, I wrote to them by e-mail asking for the latest firmware, but they did not even answer me. Well, let's take everything into our own hands and try to do it. Wait, maybe people who need it still have out of range error on older revisions.