XL2540 intensity, area settings and other questions

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
chenifa

XL2540 intensity, area settings and other questions

Post by chenifa » 03 Dec 2020, 09:18

Hey guys,

I had this xl2540 for a while but never educated myself when it comes to blurreduction technologies etc. -So please forgive me if my questions sound silly..

I was playing around in the service menu, and noticed that the "intensity" setting had an effect....switching between 1 and 25 felt different ingame.
Quick google told me that the intensity setting determines the lenght of the strobe backlight. As I understand, strobe backlight is for reducing motion blur.
That was surprising to me because I thought, this setting only takes effect if I have blur reduction enabled, which I do not.

Is backlight strobing always enabled on the XL2540? Anyway to disable it completely?
Does the area setting change anything when blurreduction is turned off? What's the best value for input lag(esp at crosshair/center screen)?

Have a good day!

saw141

Re: XL2540 intensity, area settings and other questions

Post by saw141 » 05 Dec 2020, 06:56

I'm using a XL2740 but I'm also very interested in these settings, funny you've posted only a couple days ago. I myself do not really have any answers for you, but I did just post in an old thread asking some questions about this same topic. T

here could be some useful information for you in these threads.

chenifa

Re: XL2540 intensity, area settings and other questions

Post by chenifa » 05 Dec 2020, 07:23

Appreciate your help bro!
As for your post, you wrote that you didn't experience better motion clarity on 25 intensity compared to default/10. You need to lower the value to get better motion clarity...try and turn it to 1.

I could be placeboing hard, but it seemed to make a difference on my monitor(firmware V00220161101) even with blur reduction disabled. Hence my question if strobing backlight is always present even with blur reduction turned off in the menu.
There is not a lot of activity in this sub, but hopefully someone knowledgable will come around eventually!