CS:GO pro players dyac+ on or off

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
tenyearsgone

CS:GO pro players dyac+ on or off

Post by tenyearsgone » 09 Feb 2021, 03:20

I just bought a new XL2546 and my only purpose is to have better experience on competitive CS:GO.

When I try to play around with dyac+ setting, I notice when I put it on, my flick shot is more accurate, but when I put it off, my crosshair movement "feels" sharper, so this brings my question: does any one know that CS:GO pro players turn dyac on or off? Or how many percentage of them turn on/off?

My performance is the same whether it's on or off, but I struggle with which one to choose (on/off) and stick to it and get used to it, in my experience, preference doesn't matter now and I just get used to whatever pro players' option.

Thanks in advance for anyone responding!

effjaysea

Re: CS:GO pro players dyac+ on or off

Post by effjaysea » 28 Feb 2021, 01:48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPIBO4cfzN0

I believe f0rest mentions that he uses it in this video.

tenyearsgone

Post by tenyearsgone » 01 Mar 2021, 21:37

effjaysea wrote:
28 Feb 2021, 01:48

I believe f0rest mentions that he uses it in this video.
Thanks for responding. Good to know one of my favorite CS players is using dyac+

But after testing with my eyes for few weeks, I found that when I turn on dyac, the ghosting is there while I do the Strobe Crosstalk testing, so now I basically turn it off while playing cs:go (I constantly get 240+ fps in game).

But in game, I really can't feel any performance difference whether it's on or off, surely it does reduce the shaking while spraying, but it doesn't make spraying any easier, I believe all cs:go players know this, spraying is more about muscle memory rather than how clear you see your enemy.

Also one thing I have notice, the lucky one tap click headshot on rifles happens lot more while dyac is off, that's part of "subjectively sharper feel" I assume, anyway, just sharing that for a new XL2546 cs:go player, I am turning dyac off for above reasons, you if have any experience like to share, please respond so we can discuss!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Mar 2021, 00:07

It's dependant.

- Person gaming tactics
- What gaming tactics you succeed the most with
- Whether game has crosshairs or not
- Whether you need to see camoflaged objects during fast motion

Some games (e.g. Rocket League which is crosshairsless) require gaming tactics that DyAc+ benefits more than CS:GO.

See: HOWTO: Using ULMB Beautifully or Competitively, you can call it "HOWTO: Using DyAc Beautifully or Competitively".

Also, in certain games that run at low frame rates (e.g. 180fps or 120fps), it is beneficial to lower the refresh rate of DyAc because of Refresh Rate Headroom Good For Strobing [Low-Hz Strobe on High-Hz-Capable LCD]. For example, 144fps at 144Hz on a 240Hz panel can look much more perfect in the Crosstalk test, and can help your gaming. You can also create a latency-reducing Large Vertical Total / Quick Frame Transport mode, to hit two birds with one stone (A) reduce strobe crosstalk by more easily hiding LCD GtG between refresh cycles, and (B) to transmit refresh cycles faster to the display (e.g. 144Hz refresh cycle transmitted over the cable in 1/240sec).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!