Trouble upgrading with Mstar unit

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
ZanAk

Trouble upgrading with Mstar unit

Post by ZanAk » 23 May 2014, 11:21

I'm having trouble upgrading my 2411 monitor.

I'm using the mstar unit from cart100, and getting this

Start time: 18:08:12
Program File Ready !!
Restore Message : Reading ...
Erase Message : Erasing ...
Erase OK.
Blank Message : Blanking ...
Blank OK.
Program Message : Programming ...
Program OK.
Verify Message : Verifying ...
Verify OK.
End time: 18:11:00

And the green Pass, however it does not upgrade my monitor to V2.

I've tried unplugging it from my pc, tried both VGA connectors and even a VGA to DVI connector, but nothing have helped so far, you guys have any idea?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Trouble upgrading with Mstar unit

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 May 2014, 18:47

Let's see if we can get through:

Try this:
- disconnect all video cables from monitor
- unplug the monitor for 5 seconds (from power)
- plug the monitor back in
- don't connect the computer to the monitor; use a different monitor
- make sure monitor is in stand by mode (screen off with just power indicator light)
- connect MSTAR via VGA input
- repeat the upgrade process
- once you PASS, make sure you exit the burn-in mode before launching Strobe Utility (or it will be unable to communicate to the monitor). If you use service menu mode, exit service menu mode (power cycle monitor) before trying Strobe Utility.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

ZanAk

Post by ZanAk » 23 May 2014, 19:06

I had already tried the mentioned steps before in my troubles, but had a go at it again, and it is still stuck at version 1 :(

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 May 2014, 21:22

This is strange -- It's rare it doesn't succeed after a monitor reboot / computer reboot (full shutdown cycles for both).

Do you have a laptop? Can you try upgrading again from a different computer, such as a laptop?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!