Looking for XL2411T Firmware

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
dnz

Looking for XL2411T Firmware

Post by dnz » 19 Mar 2022, 16:53

Hello, a long time ago I fucked up my BENQ XL2411T by removing the DVI cable while booting. I think it corrupted the EDID and overriding it in Windows somehow fixed it, but I wanted a permanent fix so I tried flashing a new firmware, but couldn't find the original XL2411T Firmware file, so I used the one for XL2411Z. Somehow it worked pretty fine, but the HDMI port and Display Scaling isnt working anymore. I dont really care about the HDMI port that much but Display Scaling would be nice since the GPU Scaling adds a little bit of input lag.

Unfortunately I lost the backup dump of the original firmware, since the Ubuntu USB stick I made it on was non-persistent..

Does anyone here have a dump of the XL2411T firmware or knows where I can find it? Apparently it was available on the official benq site some years ago, but it looks like they have removed it..

Falkentyne

Re: Looking for XL2411T Firmware

Post by Falkentyne » 20 Mar 2022, 21:43

I've never once seen any original T series monitor firmware (excluding the XL2430T which is actually a Z series blur reduction M-star scaler monitor) posted for these old models. The Mstar ISP device can flash it pretty risk free if you found a raw BIN firmware of it. Linux is hit and miss, and I stopped keeping up on the Linux thread stuff when the original instructions changed and they had to be rewritten slightly and then they changed again.

And as far as an XL2411T EDID--I FAINTLY remember one being discussed many years ago, or even an EDID posted somewhere, but that may have also been an XL2420T or XL2720T instead of an XL2411T.
One thing I remember doing when i was bored was using Linux "EDID-RW" to flash a VG248QE with an XL2420Z EDID. (I still don't remember how I even got the XL EDID as I had an XL2720Z). I remember it working fine, but the 85hz refresh rate disappeared from the VG248QE. I had two of the monitors and ended up flashing the original EDID back by reading it from the second one.

My best recommendation is to contact someone high up at Benq and ask them very politely if you can get a BIN dump of the original XL2411T firmware, and make sure you specify that that is the Lightboost era monitor from around 2011 and not the newer blur reduction models. They probably have it in an archive somewhere but it's going to take a very clever amount of diplomacy to get anyone to even give you the time of day, regardless of who you ask. I also very highly suggest you tell them you have a Mstar ISP programming device and you can flash the firmware yourself--regardless of if you actually own one or not.

If Strobemaster is still around, he may be able to dump a firmware for you if he still has a panel available. That's if he can even still be reached in any way.
https://display-corner.epfl.ch/index.php/Main_Page

I highly doubt Chief Blur Buster has these old monitors around, but if he had one in storage somewhere, dumping the raw firmware would be trivial.