Streaming whilst gaming in HDR

All Unidentified Forum Objects go in this area! Any fun alien talk goes in this U.F.O. Abduction Lounge, even topics other than monitors or computers. Introduce yourself!
xreyuk

Streaming whilst gaming in HDR

Post by xreyuk » 10 Jan 2022, 14:50

Hi All,

I want to stream on a one PC setup with no capture card, however I like to game in HDR. From what I can see, applications like OBS don't support this and make the stream look absolutely awful.

The only streaming app I've found that can do it is Action! but the quality of their encoding is not very good, and they don't support overlays very well.

Is there anyway I can get HDR working with something like OBS?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Streaming whilst gaming in HDR

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 Jan 2022, 15:17

Unfortunately there's very few options (yet).
You may wish to use the Discord channel and discuss streaming there --
You should post in the OBS forum asking for HDR support. And bump the existing OBS issue (if it's on a github somewhere).
The developers out there needs to be aware.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

lucijohni

Post by lucijohni » 23 May 2022, 10:59

xreyuk wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 14:50
Hi All,

I want to stream on a one PC setup with no capture card, however I like to game in HDR. From what I can see, applications like OBS don't support this and make the stream look absolutely awful.

The only streaming app I've found that can do it is Action! but the quality of their encoding is not very good, and they don't support overlays very well.

Is there anyway I can get HDR working with something like OBS store .
I am also intreasted to know more about this. I need high resolution result.

jacki21

Post by jacki21 » 05 Oct 2022, 05:13

I have a problem with this while I stream to my pc, hdr in game on my tv turns off. It's needed for me because i stream with obs to twitch on pc, and at the same time, I want hdr view on my tv.