tinnitus caused possible by electronic noise

There are over 100 ergonomic issues from displays, far more than just flicker and blue light. This forum covers the giant variety of display ergonomics issues.
Patrykelele

tinnitus caused possible by electronic noise

Post by Patrykelele » 03 Feb 2023, 09:41

Hi!
I have the same issues as all you have experienced. I will not go into details. I just accepted the lags, however yesterday I found possible source of my tinnitus. It was noice in speakers which I was wearing 10h per day. It wasn't problem in headphones itself since I test 2 pairs and 2 sound cards all test with noise. It has to be some noise in PC.

InputLagger

Re: tinnitus caused possible by electronic noise

Post by InputLagger » 03 Feb 2023, 10:25

Noise or high pitch noise from headphones or speakers, may come from CPU, because of power savings features (in my case), like C-states. This is obvious problem(maybe is not your case) can be easily googled

MadMark

Post by MadMark » 03 Feb 2023, 15:13

This is "normal" that you can hear noise from GPU VRMs in your headphones. It's common thing.

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 03 Feb 2023, 15:48

MadMark wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 15:13
This is "normal" that you can hear noise from GPU VRMs in your headphones. It's common thing.
any fix for it?

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 03 Feb 2023, 16:15

Patrykelele wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 09:41
Hi!
I have the same issues as all you have experienced. I will not go into details. I just accepted the lags, however yesterday I found possible source of my tinnitus. It was noice in speakers which I was wearing 10h per day. It wasn't problem in headphones itself since I test 2 pairs and 2 sound cards all test with noise. It has to be some noise in PC.
I think the fact that you've been playing heavy shooters with explosions and sharp gun sounds for 10hrs a day is most likely the probelm for your tinnitus hehe.
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

MadMark

Post by MadMark » 03 Feb 2023, 18:20

Patrykelele wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 15:48
any fix for it?
I heard downclocking and down voltage GPU can reduce noise from VRM.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Feb 2023, 00:11

Wrong forum. Ergonomics issues goes elsewhere.

EDIT: Now we finally have an Ergonomics forum. While display-ergonomics, many displays annoyingly do have coil whine, so it's now ontopic, and I want to seed this Ergonomics forum by moving all existing ergonomics posts to it)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

r0ach

Post by r0ach » 12 Dec 2023, 10:07

This is probably an enormous problem now since everyone is going to have multiple devices like TV's, routers, PC's, speakers, etc, all in the same room and at least one of them will probably emit a high pitch dog whistle sound to give you some type of perma-tinnitus. I noticed this issue on the XG27AQMR where it did it at idle and when you turn on ELMB it turned into a very audible bee hive sound instead. But what is the solution? Sue every electronics company on Earth? Sue the CCP?