Hdmi then display port

All Unidentified Forum Objects go in this area! Any fun alien talk goes in this U.F.O. Abduction Lounge, even topics other than monitors or computers. Introduce yourself!
texre

Hdmi then display port

Post by texre » 11 Mar 2023, 12:08

If you never plugged hdmi plug one in then change back to display port did this fix mouse delay for anybody else

blackmagic

Re: Hdmi then display port

Post by blackmagic » 11 Mar 2023, 12:29

dude there so many things which has effect...

any changes give some posetive change but the main problem for many is that this change dont stays and degrades immediately to an point where it impossible to play normal...and everything starts again...input lag, hitreg, delay, no time to react, heavy movements feel or to fast movements....

that what many want to figure out here and why this happens and how...

dont know if we all have same placebos but there so many guys who tell same and same story over...so this all cant be just placebos...that facts.

someone has it worse and someone has it worse but at some high elo level...

that the point.

there still no answer to all that.
no logic and no nothing till today...
Last edited by blackmagic on 11 Mar 2023, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.

texre

Post by texre » 11 Mar 2023, 12:36

I still have a terrible game like Ferrari peeking blink shots terrible hit detection disorder monitor but this seem to fix my mouse delay for at least a week now and stutters

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 11 Mar 2023, 12:48

just an example and real story:

i installed windows 11 some day ago and finally manage to run valorant with secure boot and tpm 2.0....

the first match was amazing for me and i could feel how the hitreg works in my favor and like an magnet which pops heads with easy...no tryhard...just aim and hit...

but all this posetive change lasted only for this 1 match and after i start to notice a degrade which completely makes the game unplayable for me in that state...i could feel that something is going very wrong again...
but there was no lag and ping was still same stable 20ms...everything fine.

i tried so many things here...and everytime the same happens over and over again...an posetive change for the first 30mins or 1 match and after it always degraded to rly bad...its horror...

you cant tell this no doctor because they gonna say that you are crazy.. :lol:

and that another problem...because not many talk about this all...but its all real and not just a placebo.

something happens bad behind the doors....

it feels rly like some black magic...but i know for sure that im not alone with this and there many players who have and suffer same like me here and notice this all changes but just dont talk...

but at the end of the line there must be a logic behind this all and an simple answer...there MUST BE LOGIC...it MUST.

because all the things we use and play on...are HUMAN made.

that how i see all this things and think about.
Last edited by blackmagic on 11 Mar 2023, 13:37, edited 16 times in total.

delve

Post by delve » 11 Mar 2023, 12:54

Plugging the displayport cable out and in while pc is running can trigger low lag state for me. In my experience It is one of the more powerful triggers and also affects desync.

texre

Post by texre » 11 Mar 2023, 16:19

delve wrote:
11 Mar 2023, 12:54
Plugging the displayport cable out and in while pc is running can trigger low lag state for me. In my experience It is one of the more powerful triggers and also affects desync.
I seen a video that when building your pc your first boot up is supposed to be with hdmi then after you would plug in display port. He never said why tho, I had like a weird thing where my mouse didn’t feel centered with my screen if that makes sense and plugging in hdmi fixed that. But I’m wondering if I hard reset pc boot up with hdmi then use display port would that fix the desync ? I doubt it but worth a try maybe

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 11 Mar 2023, 16:22

It's possible the cord has excess resistance or energy, causing the components in the video card or monitor to bottleneck, until the excess is released. Have you attempted replacing the cable with a well-reviewed one? There's a popular Linus video where they reviewed a big batch of different brands, which also highlights how common it is to have a poor quality cable.

I've been testing performance today and found an issue when my HDMI TV is connected as a secondary monitor. I suggest downloading PerformanceTest from Passmark and finding out if you have any low scoring categories.... anything below 60% might be causing your issues, and it might be intermittent as I have found.

Please take a moment to read:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11711

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 12 Mar 2023, 03:38

imprecise wrote:
11 Mar 2023, 16:22
It's possible the cord has excess resistance or energy, causing the components in the video card or monitor to bottleneck, until the excess is released.
It doesn't work that way.

Since this thread is so absurdly off-science, I've moved this thread to offtopic and closed this thread.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!