hdd ssd ahci bios settings

All Unidentified Forum Objects go in this area! Any fun alien talk goes in this U.F.O. Abduction Lounge, even topics other than monitors or computers. Introduce yourself!
blackmagic

hdd ssd ahci bios settings

Post by blackmagic » 12 May 2023, 10:44

i have no option in bios where i can switch from hdd to sdd and only ahci option exists there...

but when i was looking in biossettings with scewin i find many of this:

Setup Question = SATA Device Type
Token =76F // Do NOT change this line
Offset =BB8
Width =01
BIOS Default =[00]Hard Disk Drive
Options =*[00]Hard Disk Drive // Move "*" to the desired Option
[01]Solid State Drive

the * is set everywhere to HDD by default...

but im running windows 10 on M.2 SSD...

is that normal ? should it be not set to Solide State Drive in bios automatic and detect when install and run an SDD in pc ?

same happens on another motherboard too...i install and run sdd but scewin shows bios default HDD and the * is set to Hard Disk Drive.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: hdd ssd ahci bios settings

Post by RealNC » 13 May 2023, 10:07

Moved to correct forum section.
blackmagic wrote:
12 May 2023, 10:44
i have no option in bios where i can switch from hdd to sdd and only ahci option exists there...
Do you mean you want to change the boot priority? There should be an option for that. You're looking the wrong place.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Alardert

Re: hdd ssd ahci bios settings

Post by Alardert » 17 Jan 2024, 12:03

I have a problem with my BIOS settings. I want to change the SATA device type from HDD to SSD, but I don’t see any option for that. I only have AHCI mode enabled. Is there a way to switch from HDD to SSD without reinstalling Windows?