Gaming PC's Are NOT properly grounded to the Case

All Unidentified Forum Objects go in this area! Any fun alien talk goes in this U.F.O. Abduction Lounge, even topics other than monitors or computers. Introduce yourself!
Maelstrom

Re: Gaming PC's Are NOT properly grounded to the Case

Post by Maelstrom » 07 Feb 2024, 15:28

r0ach wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 13:46
Maelstrom wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 11:22
the pc is not performing hit detection and iterp correctly in online games, or not properly sending movement due to some EMI or other electrical issue. I find this hard to believe but there's a lot of posts on this board with people having the same experience
Never experienced any issue like that before but if you do enough searching I bet you'll find people who fixed said issue by switching from cable to fiber. As for other EMI-related stuff, half bridge topology PSUs potentially seem better dealing with EMI-related problems than full bridge for esoteric, electrical engineering reasons:

https://www.ieice.org/~nolta/symposium/ ... f/4204.pdf

I don't really understand why there are so many EMI-related threads myself when it seems like simply using a double conversion system + fiber would make it not possible for the problem to persist. But of course fiber is not available everywhere, yet the same double conversion systems seem able to filter ethernet signal anyway no matter what your internet source is. And you could always use the dreaded wifi if scared of bad things coming in over the physical line.
Half the emi related threads seem reference mouse feel and hitreg together as symptoms, or things like enemies insta peeking. For that to be the case, EMI would have to interfere with very specific game/OS logic, while simultaneously not affecting overall PC performance.