My experience in gaming cafe

All Unidentified Forum Objects go in this area! Any fun alien talk goes in this U.F.O. Abduction Lounge, even topics other than monitors or computers. Introduce yourself!
cursed-gamer

My experience in gaming cafe

Post by cursed-gamer » 24 Mar 2024, 13:39

I had a good feeling, that my gameplay will be like it should.

First 10 minutes:
- perfect mouse tracking to the point that I was surprised how accurate I am in reality. I had troubles to get used to it because it was so easy to kill everyone,
- no ferrari peeking, no enemies appearing around the corner, slow and consistent enemy movement, lots of time to react,
- easy spray control, no feeling that spray controls you,
- feeling that every bullet is registered,

After 10 minutes I decided to play faceit and first symptoms appeared immediately and it was exactly like at home on my own PC: desync, choppy mouse movement, screen tearing combined with low hz feeling, getting ferrari peeked all the time, bad bullet registration. There were the same PC setups so I watched players around me. Their display was silk smooth, CS2 looked different.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

InputLagger

Re: My experience in gaming cafe

Post by InputLagger » 25 Mar 2024, 13:06

cursed-gamer wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 13:39

First 10 minutes:
- perfect mouse tracking to the point that I was surprised how accurate I am in reality. I had troubles to get used to it because it was so easy to kill everyone,
- no ferrari peeking, no enemies appearing around the corner, slow and consistent enemy movement, lots of time to react,

After 10 minutes I decided to play faceit and first symptoms appeared immediately and it was exactly like at home on my own PC: desync, choppy mouse movement, screen tearing combined with low hz feeling, getting ferrari peeked all the time, bad bullet registration. There were the same PC setups so I watched players around me. Their display was silk smooth, CS2 looked different.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?
Try notification thingy , I have same plague since ~2013 now it almost like friends PC

cursed-gamer

Post by cursed-gamer » 25 Mar 2024, 13:09

InputLagger wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 13:06
cursed-gamer wrote:

First 10 minutes:

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?
Try notification thingy , I have same plague since ~2013 now it almost like friends PC
Is it really worth it?

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 25 Mar 2024, 13:19

cursed-gamer wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 13:09
InputLagger wrote:
cursed-gamer wrote:

First 10 minutes:

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?
Is it really worth it?
For me, yes, It fixes desync for about 90% maybe 100% I forgot how to play games hard to tell percetage. But now I can peek ppl and they dont kill me before my peek. Even walls in games move smooth, not jittery!

cursed-gamer

Post by cursed-gamer » 25 Mar 2024, 13:23

InputLagger wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 13:19
cursed-gamer wrote:
InputLagger wrote:
cursed-gamer wrote:

First 10 minutes:

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?
Is it really worth it?
For me, yes, It fixes desync for about 90% maybe 100% I forgot how to play games hard to tell percetage. But now I can peek ppl and they dont kill me before my peek. Even walls in games move smooth, not jittery!
Should I disable all notifications?

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 25 Mar 2024, 13:30

cursed-gamer wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 13:23
InputLagger wrote:
cursed-gamer wrote:
InputLagger wrote:

Is it really worth it?
Place ticks according to screenshot

cursed-gamer

Post by cursed-gamer » 25 Mar 2024, 13:37

InputLagger wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 13:30
cursed-gamer wrote:
InputLagger wrote:
cursed-gamer wrote:

Is it really worth it?
They were ticked that way already. I didn't do any changes.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 25 Mar 2024, 15:34

cursed-gamer wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 13:37
InputLagger wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 13:30
cursed-gamer wrote:
InputLagger wrote:

They were ticked that way already. I didn't do any changes.
Make sure u are editing steampowered.com/account/settings not local steam one and delete /userdata/ folder under steam just to make sure local config is wiped

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 04 Apr 2024, 03:11

I had this problem on 4~ LANs, even when I was playing with LAN PC's. I only had my mouse, keyboard and steam account. Did you bring some of your own components in cafe, or it was just your steam account?

cursed-gamer

Post by cursed-gamer » 04 Apr 2024, 11:22

n1zoo wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 03:11
I had this problem on 4~ LANs, even when I was playing with LAN PC's. I only had my mouse, keyboard and steam account. Did you bring some of your own components in cafe, or it was just your steam account?
I brought my equipment but tried the one that belongs to the Cafe. There are 2 options: it's either my body or my steam account is rigged and whole platform affects my PC. I came to the point that I start to believe it's just me. Brand new iphone in my hands was super sharp smooth for 15 minutes...

Another thing is, that my OBS recordings differ from what I really saw in real time. It's more like what actually happened.