Asus Rog Swift Eye Issue

All Unidentified Forum Objects go in this area! Any fun alien talk goes in this U.F.O. Abduction Lounge, even topics other than monitors or computers. Introduce yourself!
pocahontas

Asus Rog Swift Eye Issue

Post by pocahontas » 06 Dec 2015, 15:57

Hi, i'm using this wonderful screen but i'm having real issue with it. I have brand new glasses with many options in it like anti blue light... Doctor didn't find any thing exept i needed new glasses :D. I reduced the light of my screen and pushed it away to have more one than arm while using it. I tried some "fake tears" (don't know the exact name) to make my eyes less dry... I tried others few tips like fixing some thing far away/blinking eyes...
Today i even ordered one gunnar glasses to try it out (even if i already have some blue light reduction on my glasses so i don't think it will do anything).

But with all of this when i'm working on my monitor, i'm having some time an hard time... My eyes are a bit dry and it hurt. It give me headache and i'm tired. The thing that help me the most are closing my eyes... but it don't work to good while working ^^

Few months ago before changing my glasses i saw some thing interresting. Some people are in fact sensitive to "something" produced for exemple by this screen. On rare case it could give trouble like i'm having lately... But i can't find it and it pease me off :( If it's the case, i still can sell my screen for 600euros and get a BenQ 24" LED - XL2420G if it doesn't have issue. It would be a shame to do some thing like this :/ (give up better visual quality, 1440p, 27"...)

If some one could help me on this i would be VERY thanksful

aeliusg

Re: Asus Rog Swift Eye Issue

Post by aeliusg » 07 Dec 2015, 06:55

Lower your brightness further.

Get this program: http://justgetflux.com/

Otherwise adjust your color temperature toward the red end (or simply choose "warm").

Adjust your DPI for larger text.

This monitor has no PWM and nothing else in particular is special about it. It emits light in the visible spectrum and not much else. Any other monitor will be no better if not worse (if it has PWM). Edit: I should add there is the crystallization effect produced by the anti-glare coating, but this shouldn't be a problem if you are at a sufficient distance away from the screen.

If you haven't experienced this problem before with other monitors, it could simply be that this one is larger than you are used to.

Hope you fix your problem or it simply goes away. Good luck.

pocahontas

Post by pocahontas » 07 Dec 2015, 07:52

Hi, thanks you for your reply. I tried it
R = 100
G = 75
B = 50

For the Brightness i'm already at 20 with 40 for the contrast. Should i lower it more?

How many cm my head should be from this monitor?

aeliusg

Post by aeliusg » 07 Dec 2015, 10:09

pocahontas wrote:Hi, thanks you for your reply. I tried it
R = 100
G = 75
B = 50

For the Brightness i'm already at 20 with 40 for the contrast. Should i lower it more?

Do these settings help? Try it for today.

pocahontas

Post by pocahontas » 07 Dec 2015, 12:24

aeliusg wrote:
pocahontas wrote:Hi, thanks you for your reply. I tried it
R = 100
G = 75
B = 50

Do these settings help? Try it for today.
Hi, not really :/ When i concentrate myself on some thing and when i read, i got issue.
i have to say, i got this issue not only on my computer...but it give to me more pain on my computer..

aeliusg

Post by aeliusg » 07 Dec 2015, 18:02

You should perhaps speak to an ophthamologist, but is the problem when you have to focus on something closer to you? For example, would you have the same issue if you were to look at a large projection screen a much further distance away even if it would subtend the same angle in your FOV?