Introduce yourself!

All Unidentified Forum Objects go in this area! Any fun alien talk goes in this U.F.O. Abduction Lounge, even topics other than monitors or computers. Introduce yourself!
Alardert

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by Alardert » 15 Jan 2024, 08:07

Hey everyone, I am new gamer here

MachinaDiscipulus

Post by MachinaDiscipulus » 10 Feb 2024, 17:49

Hello everybody! After some time lurking on Blur Busters site and forums I have finally decided to join this little marry gang of Hz enthusiasts. My journey began when I bought my first 144Hz monitor (ASUS TUF VG249Q) which I still use today even with my aging PC hardware. Really hoping to engage in meaningful discussion with fellow forum users!
OS: Windows 11 x64 Home CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 MOBO: ASUS TUF Z370 PLUS Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 3200MHz GPU: ASUS TUF X3 GeForce 1660 Super SSD: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG249Q

wellos

Post by wellos » 29 Apr 2024, 03:26

Hello! I am also glad to become a member of the forum and am ready for useful and enjoyable discussions!

whitespider999

Post by whitespider999 » Yesterday, 22:14

Hi everyone I'm Matthew from Australia. I came here because I find that there's so much misinformation and ignorance when it comes to motion clarity and motion resolution. In almost every internet forum there's a 99% ignorance prevalence. Throughout the past 15 or more years you're always going to see people saying how the human eye can't see beyond 24. Beyond 60. Beyond 120. Whenever there is something new introduced to then the people say that the existing standard is what people can't see beyond or how it's a gimmick or marketing strategy . And unfortunately tech influencers and outlets seem to want to appeal to a common narratives.

Motion resolution is definitely something I notice. I upgraded recently from my lg c9 120hz to a qd OLED 175hz ultrawide. And to me the difference was profound. most people say that such jumps aren't significant unless they are a jump to 480 or 240. But for me from 120 to 175 was gigantic. In fact it even changed the way that I played. With a lot of motion blur I generally look around and then keep my camera fixed in the direction I'm headed. But as motion resolution increases I more actively move the camera around in a constant way. Much like how I would look around in virtual reality. And the reason for this is because motion resolution means that I can approximate detail temporarily in my visual field. If there is a lot of sample and hold blur then I get less of that sample and hold blur by heading in a single direction so my instinctual subconscious response is to just use "looking around " as a tool to achieve my next heading direction. I play a lot of open world rpgs and I'm in no means a competitive gamer (anymore) --- yet motion resolution is - clearly - something that immerses me in the world. Even inside scrolling indie games I find the difference to be huge between something like 120 and 175.

Recently I was using my rog ally and I found an article telling me how to overclock the display to 175 Hertz. This made a huge difference. Things like Hades or rogue legacy 2 suddenly felt liberated and unchained and something that I was enjoying to look at rather than putting up with.

Anyway ranting aside. Knowing that I am someone that has such a visceral response to such a small leap in refresh. The oleds that are soon to be released that are 480 Hz seem to be something that would appeal to the way that I process information and what immerses me. However if I'm going to invest in a monitor again after already getting a pretty great qd OLED - and me specifically loving the qd OLED color space and richness of its colors without being compromised by the white sub pixel. I want to make sure that whatever I get next is truly going to be a long-lasting motion clarity King. Because one of my other pet peeves when it comes to monitors is lacking color volume and accuracy. This makes me curious if I should just wait a few years and see if there is a qd-oled 480 Hertz with BFI.

Which would in theory tick all of the boxes.

I am a believer that the next iterations of frame gen I going to keep giving us some multiplications of additional frames. So we could very easily be seeing 60 to 240 and 120 to 480 in an upcoming frame gen version. In my opinion.

That's why I think getting you 480 Hertz screen is actually forward thinking in a sense.

Anyway ---- I hope you appreciate my long winded ranting introduction post.