[Old Thread] Why I'm done with 240hz

All Unidentified Forum Objects go in this area! Any fun alien talk goes in this U.F.O. Abduction Lounge, even topics other than monitors or computers. Introduce yourself!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Why I'm done with 240hz

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 29 May 2020, 12:01

Notty_PT wrote:
28 May 2020, 10:18
I am here :D
Welcome back, I understand, and definitely focus on your life's priorities!

Blur Busters isn't intending to go away anytime soon in the refresh rate race.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

yehaw

Re: [Old Thread] Why I'm done with 240hz

Post by yehaw » 16 Dec 2021, 04:31

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
27 May 2020, 13:38
Chief Blur Buster wrote:CONFUSING / PARTIALLY OUTDATED THREAD NOTICE

This is an old forum thread that is confusing to new users. Majority of 240 Hz users are happier with 240 Hz than 144 Hz especially on many more recent panels.

Different users are famously picky about different aspects of monitors (sensitivty to stutters, sensitivity to tearing, sensitivity to colors, sensitivity to overdrive artifacts) where sometimes "Everything else but one improves on an early 240Hz panel, etc, etc." There are users sees that one aspect worsen especially on an early/older panel. This thread is typically one of these things.

New users vising this thread now, may wish to skip this thread and research more recent up-to-date information
Can confirm, I was one of the vocal in this thread that complained how bad 240hz was and wasn't worth it at the time. I still stand by what I said on those first gen monitors. They were bad and not worth the cost. I had a better experience on 165hz display than first gen 240hz.

I am now a very happy owner of the HP Omen 25X 240hz for about a year now. Zero eye strain, no overdrive issues at low frame rates, very sharp/clear motion even at lower frame rates, no eyes strain issues, etc.

I knew they would get better and that's why I said wait for the technology to mature and I was right.