desk ergonomics, proper sitting posture etc.

All Unidentified Forum Objects go in this area! Any fun alien talk goes in this U.F.O. Abduction Lounge, even topics other than monitors or computers. Introduce yourself!
LindaValdez

Re: desk ergonomics, proper sitting posture etc.

Post by LindaValdez » 20 Jun 2019, 04:41

I sit and go to work 6-8 hours a day, and I start to realize that my back is starting to hurt. This requires blaming my sitting position, but sitting for a long time makes it difficult for me to maintain a straight posture.

Maybe I should buy a more comfortable and ergonomic desk chair. I prefer a breathable mesh and keep the backrest cool. My previous seat has almost no "lift" in the pad of the seat, I hope you can recommend some computer desk and chairs to provide more comfort.

Jason38

Re: desk ergonomics, proper sitting posture etc.

Post by Jason38 » 10 Jul 2019, 22:31

Corrective exercises are probably the best course of action. Tons of Youtube videos have exercises showing how to do face pulls and getting rid of that hunched over cell phone posture. Every morning I wake up I hang from a chin up bar to stretch my back out. I learned it from that Youtube channgel Athlean X (The guy who trained Stallone for Rambo 5) He has tons of exercises for fixing bad posture. I'm lucky because I don't have to spend too much time on a computer maybe at work 1 - 3 hours a day through out the work week. It's a different story though when I get home and want to play video games for a long period of time. That's why I have 3 different seating arrangements to deal with posture issues. I don't really get sore if I keep sitting in different chairs or positions. In my game room I have 3 different TV's mounted at different levels as well for this exact reason. I like different video game controllers as well to keep things different for my hands. I Imagine if you were stuck on a computer all day having two screens at different heights and different types of mice to use could really be helpful. Probably even two different computer chairs if you have the room just so you are sitting differently.