Best Competive Setup for Gaming in COD MW(computer equipment, tweaks, supplements) - deep guide.

All Unidentified Forum Objects go in this area! Any fun alien talk goes in this U.F.O. Abduction Lounge, even topics other than monitors or computers. Introduce yourself!
forii

Best Competive Setup for Gaming in COD MW(computer equipment, tweaks, supplements) - deep guide.

Post by forii » 26 May 2020, 18:00

Alright,

In my opinion after a lot of tests with headphones, monitors, windows tweaks and suplements I think i finally found out the best "setup" for overall everything to make you amazing in game. I want to share this all with you. Im from Poland so sorry for my language. Also im perfectionist, I always want to be the best and that is why I got into this point where I am. Some people call me cheater and thats is actually nice feeling, and actually my goal to be as fast as a cheater :P I also have played for 7 years the Quake 3 Arena /excessive plus mode. (This game is still alive btw)

Here we go..

1) PC Spec

a) Top tier 240Hz monitor for now -> MSI MAG251RX - 240hz 1080p, yes its IPS, but with insanely low processing lag (lower than any TN) + decent response time (3,2ms) + nice colors. I tested Asus VG279QM/VG259QM, Acer nitro XF252Q, HP Omen X25f. MSI or Asus is best choice, you just need to deal with a little bit overshot, blur is not noticeable in game even if its IPS and as we know TN will be always sharper but its not noticeable in Cod MW, maybe it would in Quake 3, but still blur is not like 2 meters tail behind enemy. Asus is still great choice, if we only could have stable 240+ fps.I had 144hz TN before and 240hz IPS is very nice upgrade due to colors, better input lag.If it comes to 1080p imo that's best resolution for cod MW. I would go for 1440p/240hz only for Overwatch because enemies fly around all map there, it doesnt happend in cod mw at all + we need as much fps as we can get, 1080p is decent. 24-25 inch vs 27 inch is no difference at all if you put ur 27' few inches away. Anyway I would keep 24-25 inch anyway because you could lower your resolution and lower resolution works better on 24 or 25 inch than on 27 inch.Find Force display scaling here( I recommend you all guys whole yt channel of this guy) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl-Ata9ql2A&
Unfortunately force display scaling doesnt works on my MSI (I mean it doesn't screen on full screen if I lower my resolution). But still I think 1920x1080p is best and sharp. I have choosen MSI over Asus, due to better overdrive (Faster) which works even on lower fps than 200

b) GPU, CPU, RAM
GPU: 1080Ti Aorus after OC in MSI Afterburner (look for guide on YT) + waiting for RTX 3080ti and I will insta buy it just to have more stable fps
CPU: 8700k (OC) - imo the best enough CPU (for now)
RAM: 3200 cl 14 -> 3600 Cl16 (I don't recommend overlock ur ram, it took me weeks to get it stable)

c) Keyboard, mouse, mousepad

-HYPERX Alloy FPS Pro Cherry MX Red - reds switch are the best for gaming (most loud tho)
-G305/G pro - I have choosen G305 (modded with AAA battery + foil) because it fits my hand best (https://youtu.be/Rtt5qwYDasw?t=135)
-mousepad CORSAIR MM350 XL (but this is actually personal due to size) - so smooth and doesn't hurt your wrist.

d) Headphones (even the Cod mw has shitty footstep sound you still need open headphones if you want to hear everything around like on wallhack)

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/mad-lus ... es.534479/
tl;dr Best Headset and imo overall headphones(with micro) for cod MW -> Senheiser PC360I have tested Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO (250 Ohm), Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X but they both hurts the eyes with the "up" sound (don't know how is it called in english).If you use boost high - don't get AD700x or dt990 pro, which are best competive headphones with insanely high soundstage, I always played on boost high and I found Senheiser PC360 works very well with this. They also got very decent sountstage and its enough for cod mw. I can't get use to boost low or boost. Also pc360 got microphone and I don't need to use modmic etc.

2) Windows Tweaks.
- well there is a lot to write so I think it would be best to link the freezy channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/chrisfreeth/videos
But what I think is most important:
a) HPET turned on in bios and turned off in windows:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG4g9XlKw5w+ Intelligent standby list cleaner ISLC (timer resolution =0.5ms)
b) Message Signaled-Based Interrupts. MSI tool. (less latency)- viewtopic.php?p=46818#p46818- https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windo ... ol.378044/

3) Gsync/ v-sync.
Well it might be controversial, but if you do not have stable fps its actually worth to use g-sync with v-sync, it doesnt add any input add at all as a lot of people write.Link to explanation: viewtopic.php?p=46849#p46849 + viewtopic.php?p=50901#p50901

What do I use? G-sync turned on (compatible) + v-sync only in Nvidia Control Panel (OFF in game!) + RTSS (riva tuner statistic server) with locking the FPS at 235. And my screen is smooth as butter which helps with accuracy. If I would have stable 240+ fps I would not use g-sync&v-sync. Will see what happen with 3080ti (if I will not buy 360Hz and fight again for every fps)

4) Settings in game
-all graphics at low, except textures which I keep at low instead of ultra low and filtering anisotropic at normal (helps at far) + particles at high
-sensitivity: 7.5 / 800 dpi, relative (in polish version I need to use "legacy" to have same sens when I ads (lol)) - im a wrist player with a little bit forearm use, I never could use to forearm, because I like my forearm keep on my chair.
-FOV (108/affected), I tested almost everything, going from 100 to 106, 107, 108 etc, this is personal but for me 108 works the best with affected, its overall the best for close, medium and long range. Its so sad that we can't set the ADS zoom size, because on independent the zoom is too big (I mean too close).Yes the 120 FOV is the best and you see a lot around you but you need to use independent with this, because its hard to hit enemies on mid or long range with only affected, and with independent if you zoom you still don't see what is going around u, because you need to unzoom your gun, that is why I prefer to use 108 - still i see everything around me (enough) + with I zoom I have same fov to switch between targets.

Monitor settings:
(I use racing mode, which boost the colors, you can boost in in your NVCP also, I highly recommend this for all TN panel users), Overdrive ofc fastest (but btw not all monitors works best for fastest OD - like 100 OD on ASUS VG279qm).

5) Aiming Warm Up Routine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4VW5I0WwH8&

6) And at the end suplements (because its extra)
please contact your doctor before any supplementation.
I use Alpha GCP/CDP Choline + Huperzine A & ALCAR+ ofc basics like: Omega 3, ADEK (Vit A,D,E,K) + lutein for eyes.Top 1 before suplements is good diet and of course enough water and sleep.
Yerba mate is also very good option.

Feel free to ask me about anything, going back to farm shoothouse.

Regards, Sebash
Last edited by forii on 03 Sep 2020, 07:44, edited 1 time in total.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Best Competive Setup for Gaming in COD MW(computer equipment, tweaks, supplements) - deep guide.

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 27 May 2020, 18:45

Great guide!

I think this merits a better forum area than an OffTopic area.

I am tempted to move it to General, but it is a bit of a firehose that buries durable threads.

Once a new Guides or Gaming forum area is created, I think this post should go there. For now I'll leave in OffTopic but this Guide deserves a better place. :)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

rasmas

Re: Best Competive Setup for Gaming in COD MW(computer equipment, tweaks, supplements) - deep guide.

Post by rasmas » 28 May 2020, 07:02

I see a lot of work here and is pretty interesting and i think it can be useful for other games too.

Great job and thanks for sharing ;) .

forii

Post by forii » 28 May 2020, 12:10

rasmas wrote:
28 May 2020, 07:02
I see a lot of work here and is pretty interesting and i think it can be useful for other games too.

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
27 May 2020, 18:45
Great guide!

I am tempted to move it to General, but it is a bit of a firehose that buries durable threads.

Once a new Guides or Gaming forum area is created, I think this post should go there. For now I'll leave in OffTopic but this Guide deserves a better place. :)

Thanks mate, I din't want to force this topic to any other area, that is why I decided to put this guide only in one forum I know, and it doesn't matter its in offtopic, if someone will want, he will find this topic anyway.
I dont know why I couldn't add this to reddit, tried multiplied time, even to specific cod mw area, but I really spent some time on this, that is why I decided to put it here, even in offtopic area.
:)

forii

Post by forii » 28 May 2020, 13:54

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
27 May 2020, 18:45
Great guide!

Thanks mate, I din't want to force this topic to any other area, that is why I decided to put this guide only in one forum I know, and it doesn't matter its in offtopic, if someone will want, he will find this topic anyway.
I dont know why I couldn't add this to reddit, tried multiplied time, even to specific cod mw area, but I really spent some time on this, that is why I decided to put it here, even in offtopic area.
:)
rasmas wrote:
28 May 2020, 07:02

Yep, I would use everything similar for any other game, like cs go, overwatch, etc, but it was mostly for Cod MW though.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 May 2020, 13:53

Timing for additional forums is a bit tough -- to avoid creating too many topic areas that are too slow (e.g. FreeSync or HFR). Currently, we're not sure how popular certain future forum topics will be -- there will need to be major growth in game-specific tweaks and such.

I'd love people to continue writing more "good kind of offtopic" traffic so I have to create non-offtopic areas :D
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

dervu

Post by dervu » 31 May 2020, 16:34

If you want to be truly competitive go make genetic testing (like 23andme) + maybe use another sites with give you much better analysis, and find any bad genes you have and take proper supplements for it. You can be surprised. Just a tip from me.
This would be good offtopic. :mrgreen:
Genes, ability to be competitive.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

forii

Post by forii » 02 Jun 2020, 14:14

dervu wrote:
31 May 2020, 16:34
If you want to be truly competitive go make genetic testing (like 23andme) + maybe use another sites with give you much better analysis, and find any bad genes you have and take proper supplements for it. You can be surprised. Just a tip from me.
That's right, that might be next step to get closer to be even better.
Still I would start with tweaking the latency to the limit and make the game same fast as possible and also in same time smooth to the limit.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Jun 2020, 22:27

dervu wrote:
31 May 2020, 16:34
Please sit in the Crysis Nanosuit Cradle and your genes will be upgraded automatically. ;)

Also, stay healthy. Don't veg only in front of your computer! Many CS:GO champions get physical exercise to help keep blood flowing -- proper exercise helps the human brains function better too.