Best windows for competitive gaming

All Unidentified Forum Objects go in this area! Any fun alien talk goes in this U.F.O. Abduction Lounge, even topics other than monitors or computers. Introduce yourself!
1000WATT

Re: Best windows for competitive gaming

Post by 1000WATT » 07 Jun 2020, 11:19

The difference between 10 and 7 is very, depends on the build.
It so happened that at 10, a lot of garbage accumulated over time.
But this does not mean that there are no 10 builds without this garbage.

These are my old videos. win10
Example desktop https://youtu.be/LptiK5AHkdY
league of legends https://youtu.be/zi1lgBcnZzg
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

svperstar

Post by svperstar » 07 Jun 2020, 14:32

schizobeyondpills wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 04:18
i highly suggest you take the free abortion.
lol wow that is a strong response. You ok bro?

I see your username is "schizobeyondpills", that would certainly explain the disproportionate response to my post.

Anyway all the top tier gamers in the world right now are all on Windows 10. Windows 7 has had its time and its over. Unless something is extremely wrong with your Windows 10 install going back to Windows 7 will not magically make anyone a better gamer.

Its best to use the latest technology unless you have a very specific usage case.

I'm old enough I remember when people were saying they would never give up Windows 2000 because XP was nothing but bloatware, I wonder what those people are using today.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Jun 2020, 15:47

Reminder to new forum members (schizobeyondpills and others): This forum is a safe zone and the Be Nice To Others is the #1 numero uno rule here. Appreciate the understanding.

Now back to the topic of debate, in a respectful way. It isunderstandable to be frustrated at vendors but venting in these forums to other people, from such frustrations, is out of bounds. It is not part of “Be Nice To Others” philosophy of Blur Busters Forums.

So back on topic, no negativity expressed onto other users or moderators. Please. With all the stresses of Year 2020, this forum is not Twitter. It is a classic discussion forum with moderators.

Appreciated.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Simon95

Post by Simon95 » 08 Jun 2020, 06:59

I tried to install windows 7 on my Z390 board. But my mouse and keyboard are not working when i try to install it. Anyone got win 7 running on a z390 board?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 08 Jun 2020, 13:05

Simon95 wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 06:59
I tried to install windows 7 on my Z390 board. But my mouse and keyboard are not working when i try to install it. Anyone got win 7 running on a z390 board?
Have you tried to install the motherboard drivers / USB drivers?

You can also try different USB ports, since different USB ports may have differnt drivers that may be correctly installed (e.g. USB2 versus USB3 ports)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

theangryregulator

Post by theangryregulator » 08 Jun 2020, 15:07

Brainlet wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 09:07
theangryregulator wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 05:50
Wait those guys are natural?...... I agree with the latter though. There's a lot of amateurs on the sauce but they're not in the same league. Dedication and genetics 100% though.
"Mr. Olympia is the title awarded to the winner of the professional men's bodybuilding contest at Joe Weider's Olympia Fitness & Performance Weekend—an international bodybuilding competition that is held annually by the International Federation of BodyBuilding & Fitness (IFBB)."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Olympia

"The IFBB has performed Doping Control since 1986."
http://ifbb.com/ifbb-faq/
Official statements aside I don't think they are natty bro.

Brainlet

Post by Brainlet » 09 Jun 2020, 01:06

theangryregulator wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 15:07
Official statements aside I don't think they are natty bro.
Do you see where I'm getting at with my last 2 posts? It's all a lie. People abuse everything to get to the top.

It does not matter to them whether they have 5-10 ms extra latency due to a bloated windows version or not. Please stop using pros as authority figures to deny the importance of input latency. Saying "look at pros, you don't need low latency" is like saying "look at bodybuilders, you don't need fully min-maxed diet and workout routines"...
Starting point for beginners: PC Optimization Hub

theangryregulator

Post by theangryregulator » 09 Jun 2020, 10:24

No. We use pros as examples because they have dedicated an immense of time practicing to get good whereas others will say their hardware/software is holding them back. Nobody is saying input lag is not important but people talking about using windows 7 and dna tests to get an edge need to get real.

schizobeyondpills

Post by schizobeyondpills » 09 Jun 2020, 14:24

theangryregulator wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 10:24
No. We use pros as examples because they have dedicated an immense of time practicing to get good whereas others will say their hardware/software is holding them back. Nobody is saying input lag is not important but people talking about using windows 7 and dna tests to get an edge need to get real.

1. these "pros" are just kids
2. there is not enough integirty in eSports due to low $, tight burnout timespan (16-24) after that your reflexes start to degrade
3. pros dont really practice on the same tryhard level as pro's of other sports such as IRL ones(due to them being kids, paired with having bad understanding of how to practice properly, not having a team of professionals (due to low payments of esports), not being mature enough to self-reflect and discipline themselves properly)
4. if they shit-talk a product for being bad, they wont get sponsorship deals both from that company and other, this is further backed up by low money they make from actually being good at the game compared to sponsorship deals from major companies(look at gaming chairs for example)
5. if those pros you praise so much were given a free tuning/tweaking/oc'ing service on their own setup, their performance would improve 10-20% AT LEAST
6. you could've invested 2 hours of your time to install windows 7, debloat it, measure latency, measure mouse movement and conclude yourself
7. we are as real as it gets, since we dont operate on perceived imaginary authority like you, but rather on raw measured data from tools as well as evidence from documentation which clearly shows how, where and why 7 beats 10.
anything else?