Best windows for competitive gaming

All Unidentified Forum Objects go in this area! Any fun alien talk goes in this U.F.O. Abduction Lounge, even topics other than monitors or computers. Introduce yourself!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Best windows for competitive gaming

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Jun 2020, 14:44

schizobeyondpills wrote:No. We use pros as examples because they have dedicated an immense of time practicing to get good whereas others will say their hardware/software is holding them back. Nobody is saying input lag is not important but people talking about using windows 7 and dna tests to get an edge need to get real.

1. these "pros" are just kids
2. there is not enough integirty in eSports due to low $, tight burnout timespan (16-24) after that your reflexes start to degrade
3. pros dont really practice on the same tryhard level as pro's of other sports such as IRL ones(due to them being kids, paired with having bad understanding of how to practice properly, not having a team of professionals (due to low payments of esports), not being mature enough to self-reflect and discipline themselves properly)
4. if they shit-talk a product for being bad, they wont get sponsorship deals both from that company and other, this is further backed up by low money they make from actually being good at the game compared to sponsorship deals from major companies(look at gaming chairs for example)
5. if those pros you praise so much were given a free tuning/tweaking/oc'ing service on their own setup, their performance would improve 10-20% AT LEAST
6. you could've invested 2 hours of your time to install windows 7, debloat it, measure latency, measure mouse movement and conclude yourself
7. we are as real as it gets, since we dont operate on perceived imaginary authority like you, but rather on raw measured data from tools as well as evidence from documentation which clearly shows how, where and why 7 beats 10.
anything else?
It's best not to give people in esports this kind of putdowns. Let's consider there's a lot of varsity sports clubs, unpaid and low-wage sports, lots of sports where people burnout young (E.g. ballet!) so esports isn't the only "young demographic" sport. Few people earn big money in in-person physical sports too, many also play in the local leagues just for the fun of it. Then there's municipal leagues as well as provincial leagues which are low-income compared to the world leagues / national leagues. Also, arbitrary requirements emerge in many sports (e.g. engine power restrictions in car racing, to not being allowed to use certain types of shoes/wear in sprint racing, etc). Even the debate of whether esports is a sport or not. And what kind of professional stuff you do (be a streamer, or be an esports champion) are actually kind of different professional gaming careers. Many pros only do one or the other. Etc. Etc.

But, however...

It is not Blur Busters job to wade into the politics of sports or esports. I don't want to see this kind of stuff on Blur Busters. So, nuance some diplomacy into your posts, please. esports players are guests on Blur Busters that need to feel welcome. We're not Twitter here.

Anyway, it is true optimization levels between systems in the esports sphere vary quite a lot, from worst to best. Also, arenas often enforce specific identicalness (e.g. a sponsor's monitors and a sponsor's computer systems), which is typically unified to Windows 10. There are some really well tuned systems out there, and others not so well tuned. Certainly. But this is not a passport to not be nice to esports followers.

Blur Busters goal is fun education. Without the existence of Blur Busters, many more people in the world would have been saying "Nobody can tell apart 144Hz vs 240Hz" and such debates. Whether via a motion test link (TestUFO links are great!) or via advice on how to lower VRR lag, or telling someone what the pros/cons of motion blur reduction is, etc.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

schizobeyondpills

Post by schizobeyondpills » 09 Jun 2020, 14:53

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 14:44
schizobeyondpills wrote:No. We use pros as examples because they have dedicated an immense of time practicing to get good whereas others will say their hardware/software is holding them back. Nobody is saying input lag is not important but people talking about using windows 7 and dna tests to get an edge need to get real.

1. these "pros" are just kids
2. there is not enough integirty in eSports due to low $, tight burnout timespan (16-24) after that your reflexes start to degrade
3. pros dont really practice on the same tryhard level as pro's of other sports such as IRL ones(due to them being kids, paired with having bad understanding of how to practice properly, not having a team of professionals (due to low payments of esports), not being mature enough to self-reflect and discipline themselves properly)
4. if they shit-talk a product for being bad, they wont get sponsorship deals both from that company and other, this is further backed up by low money they make from actually being good at the game compared to sponsorship deals from major companies(look at gaming chairs for example)
5. if those pros you praise so much were given a free tuning/tweaking/oc'ing service on their own setup, their performance would improve 10-20% AT LEAST
6. you could've invested 2 hours of your time to install windows 7, debloat it, measure latency, measure mouse movement and conclude yourself
7. we are as real as it gets, since we dont operate on perceived imaginary authority like you, but rather on raw measured data from tools as well as evidence from documentation which clearly shows how, where and why 7 beats 10.
anything else?
It's best not to give people in esports this kind of putdowns. Let's consider there's a lot of varsity sports clubs, lots of sports where people burnout young (E.g. ballet!) so esports isn't the only "young demographic" sport. Arbitrary requirements emerge in many sports (e.g. engine power restrictions in car racing, to not being allowed to use certain types of shoes/wear in sprint racing, etc). Even the debate of whether esports is a sport or not. And what kind of professional stuff you do (be a streamer, or be an esports champion) are actually kind of different professional gaming careers. Many pros only do one or the other. Etc. Etc.

But, however...

It is not Blur Busters job to wade into the politics of sports or esports. I don't want to see politics on Blur Busters. So, nuance some diplomacy into your posts, please. esports players are guests on Blur Busters that need to feel welcome. We're not Twitter here.

Anyway, it is true optimization levels between systems in the esports sphere vary quite a lot, from worst to best. Also, arenas often enforce specific identicalness (e.g. a sponsor's monitors and a sponsor's computer systems), which is typically unified to Windows 10. There are some really well tuned systems out there, and others not so well tuned. Certainly. But this is not a passport to not be nice to esports followers.

Blur Busters goal is fun education. Without the existence of Blur Busters, many more people in the world would have been saying "Nobody can tell apart 144Hz vs 240Hz" and such debates. Whether via a motion test link (TestUFO links are great!) or via advice on how to lower VRR lag, or telling someone what the pros/cons of motion blur reduction is, etc.
I dont understand why is it allowed for someone to use esports pro authority as arugment but stating the clear truth which isnt meant to put anyone down, rather its meant to educate people with raw facts which counter that pro authority, is not allowed? Either both sides get the same rules or theres not much point in any discussion at all.

schizobeyondpills

Post by schizobeyondpills » 09 Jun 2020, 15:50

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 14:44
I have to add more to this, its not my intention to put anyone down or shame them. I am just aware that first one must accept the raw cruel reality in order to improve it. And thats all my goal is, to improve eSports and make it something everyone will appreciate for the discipline, willpower, reflection of both skill and hours of practice/dedication. To get there we need to fix things, one of those is educate the masses about the actual problems rather than protecting them from it. You cannot change the reality if you live in a dream. Such is life. So then we must first accept the truth, and as a group of individuals who all enjoy videogames even on a casual level as well as eSports level come together as one and fix the raw cruel reality that so many of us run from. As a result of our joined effort, everything will improve. Skill level, skill floor, skill ceiling, perception, training potential, reaction times, game complexity, they are all problems of latency when observed at the base layer. All of these things I mentioned cannot be pushed above say 90% which is current eSports skill level, if so many elements are inconsistent due to jitter/latency/unoptimized OS/unoptimized hardware/unoptimized software/unoptimized games/unoptimized internet, etc.. Everyone knows that once things go beyond certain % of the set, say top 95%, top 99%, top 99.9%, the small things are the ones which matter and decide the outcome, we cannot reach those levels if such small things are decided by jitter and latency rather than skill. Latency and other things following it(jitter,unconsistency,low fps,unoptimization) are the sunked anchor chained to us, holding eSports back from being something we all should look at and be in awe since what's possible is much much more than what we have atm.

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 09 Jun 2020, 18:52

schizobeyondpills wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 15:50
And thats all my goal is, to improve eSports and make it something everyone will appreciate for the discipline, willpower, reflection of both skill and hours of practice/dedication.
And what exactly have you done for this?
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

schizobeyondpills

Post by schizobeyondpills » 09 Jun 2020, 19:06

1000WATT wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 18:52
schizobeyondpills wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 15:50
And thats all my goal is, to improve eSports and make it something everyone will appreciate for the discipline, willpower, reflection of both skill and hours of practice/dedication.
And what exactly have you done for this?
dunno how much info you want me to dump here? Reverse engineered almost all windows drivers to find undocumented tweaks, wrote my own driver to bypass certain limits enforced by kernel (such as timer resolution) and to patch few things out. Endured through people calling me an insane schizo on various forums saying that miliseconds/nanoseconds dont matter. Made some tools to measure things. Contacted few companies about my findings (NVIDIA is big one, even responded back, which is nice by them). Also sharing everything I find with everyone, not asking for anything back, not even credits on my name necessary.

If you go visit the pirates at the bay and ask for The Art of Electronics 3rd edition, theres a text file with the book, called "share.txt", that says
"Gaining knowledge is the first step to wisdom. Sharing it is the first step to humanity."

I believe everyone should remeber that at all times.

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 09 Jun 2020, 19:45

It seems that you do not have a clear plan of action. To achieve your goal.
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 09 Jun 2020, 20:00

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
30 May 2020, 01:06
I am interested in links, especially FSE vs FSE in an apples-vs-apples.
This does not apply only to FSE.
It could be anything. which affects the delay.
You will be useful to us by making comparisons.
We will be useful to you in raising the popularity of these topics.

schizobeyondpills

Post by schizobeyondpills » 09 Jun 2020, 20:09

1000WATT wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 19:45
It seems that you do not have a clear plan of action. To achieve your goal.
Not here to save the human race, i do this as a hobby and make no profit out of it. Clear plans of action are for people with self-gain goal.

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 09 Jun 2020, 20:47

schizobeyondpills wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 20:09
Not here to save the human race, i do this as a hobby and make no profit out of it.
It’s sad. In this case, you look like activists of the "femen". A lot of noise. No use.

schizobeyondpills

Post by schizobeyondpills » 09 Jun 2020, 22:46

1000WATT wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 20:47
schizobeyondpills wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 20:09
Not here to save the human race, i do this as a hobby and make no profit out of it.
It’s sad. In this case, you look like activists of the "femen". A lot of noise. No use.
10 posts i made on this forum are worth more than all posts on reddit and youtube benchmark videos combined in lag/latency reduction info