Overclocking mouse polling rate

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
dshna

Overclocking mouse polling rate

Post by dshna » 07 May 2021, 06:45

Hello guys, not sure if this is the proper place to post this question but here we go.

After reading that 360hz monitors require polling rates from 2k to 8k to play comfortably (and I may upgrade during this year to one of them), I was wondering if it was possible to overclock a mouse polling rate through some kind of software. I'm currently using a G Pro Superlight (which only allows a maximum of 1k polling rate).

I don't want to focus the thread on my mouse or Logitech mice specifically, rather on mice in general.

Cheers!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Overclocking mouse polling rate

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 12 May 2021, 03:38

Poll rate talk usually goes in Input Lag, so moved back there.

Mouse poll rates can be overclocked on some mice, but some of them don't give extra sample rates (just lowers latency over 1000Hz).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 12 May 2021, 20:46

This is probably your best bet: https://www.overclock.net/threads/usb-m ... z.1589644/

I believe most mice can’t, think there was a list of mice in that thread that had successful results

ELK

Post by ELK » 13 May 2021, 04:27

I got a cheap like 5$ mouse to go from 125hz to 1000hz stable. 2000hz would constantly tick between 2000hz and 1000hz, but let me tell you overclocking a mouse IS REALLY A PAIN.

I would suggest buying a better mouse. I'm really happy with my new 35$ mouse.

edit: yeah my bad you want 2k to 8k. That is an unlikely overclock but lucky for us chief's research got 8000hz onto the market.