Worlds First 360hz G-Sync Monitor!

Breaking news in the gaming monitor industry! Press releases, new monitors, rumors. IPS, OLED, 144Hz, G-SYNC, Ultrawides, etc. Submit news you see online!
User avatar
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin
Posts: 8348
Joined: 05 Dec 2013, 15:44
Location: Toronto / Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Worlds First 360hz G-Sync Monitor!

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 12 Feb 2020, 20:06

rootsoft wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 11:39
darzo wrote:
31 Jan 2020, 00:57
Any idea on the quarter in which this monitor will be released?
I have been looking for the same information.
Everybody (ASUS, NVIDIA, and other websites, such as AnandTech) is going with the official line, "later this year".
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors

jasswolf
Posts: 30
Joined: 23 Jan 2020, 05:09

Re: Worlds First 360hz G-Sync Monitor!

Post by jasswolf » 13 Feb 2020, 01:04

darzo wrote:
31 Jan 2020, 00:57
Any idea on the quarter in which this monitor will be released?
rootsoft wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 11:39
darzo wrote:
31 Jan 2020, 00:57
Any idea on the quarter in which this monitor will be released?
I have been looking for the same information.
There is no info at this stage beyond it being available in 2020, but probably early Q4.

BlurBoss
Posts: 92
Joined: 17 Dec 2018, 13:52

Re: Worlds First 360hz G-Sync Monitor!

Post by BlurBoss » 14 Feb 2020, 16:13

Asus has a history of showing not ready tech and releasing it a year later:
Asus ROG Mothership had been released a year after YouTubers previewed it.
Asus Bezel-Free Kit - 1.5 years later.

Other monitor vendors are comfortable with taking advantage of people's willingness to believe in them:
LG 27GL850 - 8 month laters
LG 38GL950G-B - 1 year later
MSI OCULUX NXG252 - never released

I get the same vibe with this 360 Hz monitor too. Taking into account that no other monitor brands even mentioned similar monitors, I expect that this 360 Hz monitor will hit stores in Q2 2021.
BenQ XL2546, i9-9900K @ 5.0 GHz, RTX 2080 Ti, 32GB (2 x 16GB) 3200 MHz CL14 RAM, Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac.

jasswolf
Posts: 30
Joined: 23 Jan 2020, 05:09

Re: Worlds First 360hz G-Sync Monitor!

Post by jasswolf » 15 Feb 2020, 22:29

BlurBoss wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 16:13
Asus has a history of showing not ready tech and releasing it a year later:
Asus ROG Mothership had been released a year after YouTubers previewed it.
Asus Bezel-Free Kit - 1.5 years later.

Other monitor vendors are comfortable with taking advantage of people's willingness to believe in them:
LG 27GL850 - 8 month laters
LG 38GL950G-B - 1 year later
MSI OCULUX NXG252 - never released

I get the same vibe with this 360 Hz monitor too. Taking into account that no other monitor brands even mentioned similar monitors, I expect that this 360 Hz monitor will hit stores in Q2 2021.
The Oculux NXG252R has been released. Do you have any evidence to back up that release dates were given and then missed for any of these?

Whatever the case, an early Q4 release matches up with your point of view anyway.

Stitch7
Posts: 76
Joined: 27 Mar 2019, 08:26

Re: Worlds First 360hz G-Sync Monitor!

Post by Stitch7 » 18 Feb 2020, 12:56

While it is true that the MSI released, Monitor manufacturers rarely hit their optimistic targets and they release later than expected, not announced.

BlurBoss
Posts: 92
Joined: 17 Dec 2018, 13:52

Re: Worlds First 360hz G-Sync Monitor!

Post by BlurBoss » 18 Feb 2020, 21:27

jasswolf wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 22:29
BlurBoss wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 16:13
Asus has a history of showing not ready tech and releasing it a year later:
Asus ROG Mothership had been released a year after YouTubers previewed it.
Asus Bezel-Free Kit - 1.5 years later.

Other monitor vendors are comfortable with taking advantage of people's willingness to believe in them:
LG 27GL850 - 8 month laters
LG 38GL950G-B - 1 year later
MSI OCULUX NXG252 - never released

I get the same vibe with this 360 Hz monitor too. Taking into account that no other monitor brands even mentioned similar monitors, I expect that this 360 Hz monitor will hit stores in Q2 2021.
The Oculux NXG252R has been released. Do you have any evidence to back up that release dates were given and then missed for any of these?

Whatever the case, an early Q4 release matches up with your point of view anyway.
It wasn't MSI OCULUX NXG252, it was MSI Oculux NXG251 that they showed in similar fashion as Asus did and never mentioned it again.
https://blurbusters.com/msi-oculux-nxg2 ... -repsonse/
They released MSI Oculux NXG251R which wasn't 0.5ms, but 1ms. 0.5ms monitors came out after more than a year later.
BenQ XL2546, i9-9900K @ 5.0 GHz, RTX 2080 Ti, 32GB (2 x 16GB) 3200 MHz CL14 RAM, Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac.

jasswolf
Posts: 30
Joined: 23 Jan 2020, 05:09

Re: Worlds First 360hz G-Sync Monitor!

Post by jasswolf » 19 Feb 2020, 02:46

BlurBoss wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 21:27
jasswolf wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 22:29
BlurBoss wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 16:13
Asus has a history of showing not ready tech and releasing it a year later:
Asus ROG Mothership had been released a year after YouTubers previewed it.
Asus Bezel-Free Kit - 1.5 years later.

Other monitor vendors are comfortable with taking advantage of people's willingness to believe in them:
LG 27GL850 - 8 month laters
LG 38GL950G-B - 1 year later
MSI OCULUX NXG252 - never released

I get the same vibe with this 360 Hz monitor too. Taking into account that no other monitor brands even mentioned similar monitors, I expect that this 360 Hz monitor will hit stores in Q2 2021.
The Oculux NXG252R has been released. Do you have any evidence to back up that release dates were given and then missed for any of these?

Whatever the case, an early Q4 release matches up with your point of view anyway.
It wasn't MSI OCULUX NXG252, it was MSI Oculux NXG251 that they showed in similar fashion as Asus did and never mentioned it again.
https://blurbusters.com/msi-oculux-nxg2 ... -repsonse/
They released MSI Oculux NXG251R which wasn't 0.5ms, but 1ms. 0.5ms monitors came out after more than a year later.
While you are correct, you've shifted the goal posts here, there was never a NXG252 either. I suspect R is a designation of some kind that extends beyond that model number. Might simply refer to a red finish on the chassis.

Conan
Posts: 98
Joined: 18 May 2020, 06:50

Re: Worlds First 360hz G-Sync Monitor!

Post by Conan » 18 Jul 2020, 09:44

@chief
Is the price they announced for 360hz justified?
If 360hz is around the corner, i believe you said 480hz is not that far away. Are they really gonna milk 360hz and then go to 480hz?
From technological aspect, who can fastest achieve 480hz in the market of all the top tier companies?

Post Reply