ASUS ROG Swift 500Hz Announced!

Breaking news in the gaming monitor industry! Press releases, new monitors, rumors. IPS, OLED, 144Hz, G-SYNC, Ultrawides, etc. Submit news you see online!
daviddave1
Posts: 372
Joined: 04 Aug 2017, 17:43

Re: ASUS ROG Swift 500Hz Announced!

Post by daviddave1 » 10 Dec 2023, 04:17

kameCS wrote:
10 Dec 2023, 03:07
daviddave1 wrote:
29 Nov 2023, 11:24
Depo wrote:
29 Nov 2023, 11:07
daviddave1 wrote:
29 Nov 2023, 09:47
First impression; Monitor feels great in PUBG. Quake Live feels good too. I don't think its placebo. If someone has questions let me know!
I'm assuming your not reaching anywhere near 540fps in PUBG, how does it fair at the lower refresh rates? Are you using G sync and how is ULMB2 say in comparison to Dyac+?

I've not long sold my XL2566K, so wondering if this is a viable upgrade or whether I should just replace it with another Benq.

Thanks
It feels great with the lower refresh rate. I get around 240-550 fps in PUBG. In my opinion its a myth that backlight strobing is not working on lower refresh rates. Maybe not 1000% optimum but its there. Had that with my Zowie monitors also and I have a feeling the GSYNC processor plays a role also in keeping frames straight even without GSYNC enabled. ( I heard that in the ASUS America stream on this monitor)

I don't use GSYNC cause I use ULMB2 and it looks great. Brightness is good. Just as good as the XL2566K maybe even a little bit better. Its 10000 times brighter then the PG27AQN with ULMB2.

Visibility is very very good with ULMB2 better then on the XL2566K; it looks very clear in heat of the moment situations. Plus u have that responsiveness that is just topnotch. On the XL2566K it always felt like meh is this the fastest out there? where if u crank up the AMA the screen just goes weird and gives a untrustworthy experience with the overshoot. . Not this monitor. Every time it feels very good cause its insanely fast with very good visibility. The balance of insane good visibility and insane responsiveness stays in place no matter what.
I like the 24,1 inch also better then the 24,5 inch. It tops the XL2566K in every department visibility wise and the responsiveness.. Maybe the only thing the XL2566K has is a sharpening option and some extreme contrast settings. But U can tweak that in the NVDIA ctrl panel also.
regarding the PG248QP have you noticed this yellow overshoot in game which has been reported by some users ?
I would also like to know your feelings regarding another monitor, the aw2524hf 500hz which offers a precise sharpness option, superb colors and minimal overshoot, can its qualities ultimately offer a better experience in a competitive game ?
Yellow can bleed a little faster then the other colors I noticed. Not sure if that is considered overshoot.
I have the Y color on a way lower setting now then the 5 other colors what kinda fixed the problem. Overall I Iike the colors better then on the Zowie TN panel.

The IPS 500 does not have good reviews motion clarity and inputlagwise so I skipped that one. (Its blurry they say and not that fast. )

If you really miss a sharpness option, you can enable a sharpness slider in the NVIDIA panel with minium inputlag loss. I did not test this yet.
Modern Warfare needed this when I played it. Regardless if your monitor had a sharpness option or not.
Nvdia then removed the sharpness slider. You could then get it back with a registry edit. The latest NVIDIA driver have it back again i see. so no issue with the latest driver.

But I dont play Moden warFare anymore so I did not enabled it at the moment. Maybe later. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iras1he ... el=FR33THY for more info about the sharpening option in the NVIDIA ctrl panel.
| Now: ASUS PG248QP 540Hz. | Past : VG259QM with the Qisda panel/PG27AQN/XL2566K

kameCS
Posts: 28
Joined: 28 Oct 2022, 09:21

Re: ASUS ROG Swift 500Hz Announced!

Post by kameCS » 10 Dec 2023, 07:56

unfortunately the solution of activating sharpness by Nvidia causes a problem because it becomes impossible to play with a stretched 4:3 image because the display options are deactivated.
but your feedback reassured me in my purchase and I receive the pg248qp at the end of the week and I will be able to directly compare it with the ips 500hz
current: PG27AQN 360Hz
before: AW2524HF | PG248QP | AW2523HF | PG27AQDM | XL2566K | XV252QF | XG27AQM | VG259QM | 34GL750

babooz99
Posts: 40
Joined: 14 Mar 2023, 11:12

Re: ASUS ROG Swift 500Hz Announced!

Post by babooz99 » 10 Dec 2023, 19:28

Stop complaining about a dead pixel or pressure spots or colors issues. You paid 900 for one thing and one thing, the 540hz refresh rate. Does the refresh rate work? Yes? Then the monitor is doing it's job. Stop being karens

gab848
Posts: 6
Joined: 08 Dec 2023, 08:06

Re: ASUS ROG Swift 500Hz Announced!

Post by gab848 » 11 Dec 2023, 04:43

daviddave1 wrote:
08 Dec 2023, 14:25
gab848 wrote:
08 Dec 2023, 08:15

So, I just got this Monitor. It seems black bars is not possible on it? Also the eSports ratio is broken you get black bars but the screen is not aligned properly to the menu of the games. I should've done my research. Custom resolution doesn't work, black bars don't work, eSports ratio doesn't work properly and no sharpness setting in the OSD. Such a shame, otherwise the Monitor would be absolutely amazing. I think I will return it and keep my XL2566K. Can this Monitor do black bars? PG27AQN. When you switch to eSports Mode 25 inch. Does it do black bars on this mode? Can you create custom resolutions at 360Hz ULMB 2.0 On? Thanks to anyone taking the time to answer my questions.
daviddave1 wrote:
30 Nov 2023, 05:56
kameCS wrote:
30 Nov 2023, 05:55
daviddave1 wrote:
30 Nov 2023, 05:42

EDIT good news for you 1440x 1080 is available on the full 540hz on the latest NVidia drivers. You can just choose it in the NVIDIA list of resolutions. No customization needed.
[img]https://.cc/zVDb1fcD[/img]
excellent news, it gives more interest to this monitor :D
Keep in mind the screen is full so no black bars. Either with the ASUS menu Aspect Control on Full or Aspect Control on Aspect. Not sure if thats helpfull but just for info.
I did share the info on the lack of a blackbar option here in this topic. Your prob. read over it
See the quote just above this sentence.

I am not sure the PG27AQN needs DSB with the 25" inch mode 360Hz I think it does. So that's prob. no custom resolution with black bars on that setting.
Keep in mind the PG27AQN gets arround 100! nits darker then the XL2566K Dyac with ULMB2 on. It's was a very dark screen in my opinion with ULMB2 on. Unplayable even.
I would keep the XL2566K in any way over the PG27AQN if you like competitive play.
Ok, so I want to ask you again. Can you get black bars on any resolution? There is the option in the Monitor Aspect Control - eSports Pro Mode that provides 4 resolutions for black bars. But when this is used the in-game menu alignment is way off. My friend apparently can get black bars without this option. Using 5800x, RTX 4080. Can you try to get black bars on res such as 1024 x 768 or 1440 x 1080 or 1480 x 1080. When you use the eSports Pro Mode is the alignment fine to the in-game menu's? Thanks for your help. I'm just really confused how he can get black bars without even using this "eSports Pro Mode" aspect ratio...

daviddave1
Posts: 372
Joined: 04 Aug 2017, 17:43

Re: ASUS ROG Swift 500Hz Announced!

Post by daviddave1 » 11 Dec 2023, 16:28

gab848 wrote:
11 Dec 2023, 04:43
daviddave1 wrote:
08 Dec 2023, 14:25
gab848 wrote:
08 Dec 2023, 08:15

So, I just got this Monitor. It seems black bars is not possible on it? Also the eSports ratio is broken you get black bars but the screen is not aligned properly to the menu of the games. I should've done my research. Custom resolution doesn't work, black bars don't work, eSports ratio doesn't work properly and no sharpness setting in the OSD. Such a shame, otherwise the Monitor would be absolutely amazing. I think I will return it and keep my XL2566K. Can this Monitor do black bars? PG27AQN. When you switch to eSports Mode 25 inch. Does it do black bars on this mode? Can you create custom resolutions at 360Hz ULMB 2.0 On? Thanks to anyone taking the time to answer my questions.
daviddave1 wrote:
30 Nov 2023, 05:56
kameCS wrote:
30 Nov 2023, 05:55


excellent news, it gives more interest to this monitor :D
Keep in mind the screen is full so no black bars. Either with the ASUS menu Aspect Control on Full or Aspect Control on Aspect. Not sure if thats helpfull but just for info.
I did share the info on the lack of a blackbar option here in this topic. Your prob. read over it
See the quote just above this sentence.

I am not sure the PG27AQN needs DSB with the 25" inch mode 360Hz I think it does. So that's prob. no custom resolution with black bars on that setting.
Keep in mind the PG27AQN gets arround 100! nits darker then the XL2566K Dyac with ULMB2 on. It's was a very dark screen in my opinion with ULMB2 on. Unplayable even.
I would keep the XL2566K in any way over the PG27AQN if you like competitive play.
Ok, so I want to ask you again. Can you get black bars on any resolution? There is the option in the Monitor Aspect Control - eSports Pro Mode that provides 4 resolutions for black bars. But when this is used the in-game menu alignment is way off. My friend apparently can get black bars without this option. Using 5800x, RTX 4080. Can you try to get black bars on res such as 1024 x 768 or 1440 x 1080 or 1480 x 1080. When you use the eSports Pro Mode is the alignment fine to the in-game menu's? Thanks for your help. I'm just really confused how he can get black bars without even using this "eSports Pro Mode" aspect ratio...
WAIT YOU COULD BE ON TO SOMETHING HERE. Apologies about my statement that blackbars are not available on this monitor. Will edit that out.
I just tested it with Quake Champions but the menu acted weird could not move my cursor over the correct object. Got stuck. I then switched to Apex Legends. In the menu of APEX i choose 1024x768 AND in the monitor menu i Choose 1024x768 Under Image, Aspect Control, Esports Pro mode, Res 1024x768. U get black bars on all sides then. UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT. Screen looks good also. Menu works good.

Apex Legends example: Image

If u choose Aspect instead of ESPORTS Pro Mode 1024x768 U ASLO Get bars in Apex Legends but just on top and side

Example : Image
Screen looks a little blocky though and streched. Menu works good.

1440x1080 is only accessible if you put the monitor in Aspect mode. ( so 1440x1080 in Apex Legends and monitor in Aspect mode.) Image

Black Bars top and bottom, Screen looks good. Menu works good.

In Apex legends no problems in the menu. I am checking Quake Champions again right now..

Ok I re-cecked Quake Champions 1024x768 Image black bars only on left and right with e-sports mode 1024x768 menu seems to work now.

On 1440x 1080 in menu of QC and Aspect in menu monitor THERE ARE NO BLACK BARS at all in Quake Champions! That's pretty weird. Image

Menu seems good.
Last edited by daviddave1 on 13 Dec 2023, 06:42, edited 9 times in total.
| Now: ASUS PG248QP 540Hz. | Past : VG259QM with the Qisda panel/PG27AQN/XL2566K

daviddave1
Posts: 372
Joined: 04 Aug 2017, 17:43

Re: ASUS ROG Swift 500Hz Announced!

Post by daviddave1 » 11 Dec 2023, 17:12

I edited the post above this one like 10 times. Please check the edittimedetails in the buttom of the post.
| Now: ASUS PG248QP 540Hz. | Past : VG259QM with the Qisda panel/PG27AQN/XL2566K

kameCS
Posts: 28
Joined: 28 Oct 2022, 09:21

Re: ASUS ROG Swift 500Hz Announced!

Post by kameCS » 15 Dec 2023, 10:31

my opinion on the pg248qp, Asus undoubtedly offers better image clarity but it is not perfect, it really lacks an option to adjust the sharpness, the screen coating seems of average quality, it is quite visible to distinguish lots of small shiny spots which makes the image muddled (eTN technology defect or asus coating?), the ulmb 2.0 is more of a marketing gimmick and causes more image problems, personally I I found the overall use disappointing compared to aw2524hf, I do not recommend it and I expect better from this panel which will equip the next Acer XV242F and Zowie XL2586X
current: PG27AQN 360Hz
before: AW2524HF | PG248QP | AW2523HF | PG27AQDM | XL2566K | XV252QF | XG27AQM | VG259QM | 34GL750

masneb
Posts: 239
Joined: 15 Apr 2019, 03:04

Re: ASUS ROG Swift 500Hz Announced!

Post by masneb » 16 Dec 2023, 00:05

Weird, I found ULMB to be superb and honestly the non-ULMB mode to be lackluster by comparison. You can easily see this playing something like OW2.

Also most places regard the Aw2524hf as awful as it's essentially a IPS panel that was originally meshed with 360hz that was slapped with 500hz.

kameCS
Posts: 28
Joined: 28 Oct 2022, 09:21

Re: ASUS ROG Swift 500Hz Announced!

Post by kameCS » 16 Dec 2023, 02:19

masneb wrote:
16 Dec 2023, 00:05
Weird, I found ULMB to be superb and honestly the non-ULMB mode to be lackluster by comparison. You can easily see this playing something like OW2.

Also most places regard the Aw2524hf as awful as it's essentially a IPS panel that was originally meshed with 360hz that was slapped with 500hz.
we all agree that currently IPS technology has reached its limits in terms of clarity at high speed, however at low and medium speed the rendering is excellent
I have just made 2 videos :
aw2524hf ghosting test speed 720px/s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU8Yh_HI5Dw
aw2524hf frame rate test speed 720px/s
https://youtu.be/-Kv3Z9b3sGI?si=P03Y2tsXTCTyxK0s

this new e-tn panel is incredible, after calibration the colors are superb (thank you tftcentral for excellent icc profile), however all its qualities are diminished by this shiny parasitic veil which makes its image less sharp and messy, to have the 2 monitors I clearly prefer the precision of the aw2524hf which does not suffer from this parasitic coating on the screen and and has an excellent sharpness option

I really hope that this major defect is not caused by liquid crystal pixel technology
current: PG27AQN 360Hz
before: AW2524HF | PG248QP | AW2523HF | PG27AQDM | XL2566K | XV252QF | XG27AQM | VG259QM | 34GL750

daviddave1
Posts: 372
Joined: 04 Aug 2017, 17:43

Re: ASUS ROG Swift 500Hz Announced!

Post by daviddave1 » 16 Dec 2023, 09:30

kameCS wrote:
16 Dec 2023, 02:19
masneb wrote:
16 Dec 2023, 00:05
Weird, I found ULMB to be superb and honestly the non-ULMB mode to be lackluster by comparison. You can easily see this playing something like OW2.

Also most places regard the Aw2524hf as awful as it's essentially a IPS panel that was originally meshed with 360hz that was slapped with 500hz.
we all agree that currently IPS technology has reached its limits in terms of clarity at high speed, however at low and medium speed the rendering is excellent
I have just made 2 videos :
aw2524hf ghosting test speed 720px/s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU8Yh_HI5Dw
aw2524hf frame rate test speed 720px/s
https://youtu.be/-Kv3Z9b3sGI?si=P03Y2tsXTCTyxK0s

this new e-tn panel is incredible, after calibration the colors are superb (thank you tftcentral for excellent icc profile), however all its qualities are diminished by this shiny parasitic veil which makes its image less sharp and messy, to have the 2 monitors I clearly prefer the precision of the aw2524hf which does not suffer from this parasitic coating on the screen and and has an excellent sharpness option

I really hope that this major defect is not caused by liquid crystal pixel technology
Just made a tft patreon account after reading your post. installed the icc profile. its very nice idd ty.
| Now: ASUS PG248QP 540Hz. | Past : VG259QM with the Qisda panel/PG27AQN/XL2566K

Post Reply