ULMB 2 Released

Breaking news in the gaming monitor industry! Press releases, new monitors, rumors. IPS, OLED, 144Hz, G-SYNC, Ultrawides, etc. Submit news you see online!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: ULMB 2 Released

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 15 Jun 2023, 22:25

JediBrysen wrote:
15 Jun 2023, 16:09
Just wanted to add to this thread for anyone on a Radeon gpu the option to enable ULMB 2 on my PG27AQN is completely grayed out. Tried it on an Nvidia gpu and that had no issues. I’m trying to figure out a solution for this at the moment… Haven’t had any luck yet but we continue to test!
Historically, there's been an NVIDIA DRM involving NVIDA-based motion blur reduction technologies. Just so you know.

ToastyX cracked this for some old LightBoost implementations, but ULMB hasn't ever been successfully cracked by anyone that I know of.

One hacky workaround is it is also possible to have two GPUs installed in one system, and borderless-windowing the AMD GPU on the NVIDIA output (as long as the game supports windowed / borderless windowed mode), rendering on AMD GPU and outputting via the NVIDIA GPU. However, it's a bit of a PITA to configure.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

GammaLyrae

Post by GammaLyrae » 16 Jun 2023, 14:15

Tftcentral uploaded a video showcasing its performance. It's about as I'd expected - probably best in class max hz backlight strobing, but no 60hz support and no qft support - so as you dip into the lower end of the supported range, a 2.0 blur busters certified monitor will offer superior clarity with less crosstalk.

JediBrysen

Post by JediBrysen » 16 Jun 2023, 15:55

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
15 Jun 2023, 22:25
JediBrysen wrote:
15 Jun 2023, 16:09
Just wanted to add to this thread for anyone on a Radeon gpu the option to enable ULMB 2 on my PG27AQN is completely grayed out. Tried it on an Nvidia gpu and that had no issues. I’m trying to figure out a solution for this at the moment… Haven’t had any luck yet but we continue to test!
Historically, there's been an NVIDIA DRM involving NVIDA-based motion blur reduction technologies. Just so you know.

ToastyX cracked this for some old LightBoost implementations, but ULMB hasn't ever been successfully cracked by anyone that I know of.

One hacky workaround is it is also possible to have two GPUs installed in one system, and borderless-windowing the AMD GPU on the NVIDIA output (as long as the game supports windowed / borderless windowed mode), rendering on AMD GPU and outputting via the NVIDIA GPU. However, it's a bit of a PITA to configure.
I’ll definitely look into just buying some cheap single slot nvidia card with dp1.4 support and has support for the latest drivers

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 17 Jun 2023, 07:01

Does ULMB2 work say if I don't want to run 2K/QHD 1440p and want to run 1600x900 full screen?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Jun 2023, 02:25

BTRY B 529th FA BN wrote:
17 Jun 2023, 07:01
Does ULMB2 work say if I don't want to run 2K/QHD 1440p and want to run 1600x900 full screen?
With GPU scaling, yes.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Jun 2023, 02:29

JediBrysen wrote:
16 Jun 2023, 15:55
I’ll definitely look into just buying some cheap single slot nvidia card with dp1.4 support and has support for the latest drivers
If you do the 2-GPU method, make sure you configure your AMD GPU as primary rendering GPU, and NVIDIA output as the primary video output (monitor #1). Not all games will work properly this way.

System -> Display -> Graphics -> find your game app -> GPU Preference

Select "AMD" GPU, even when your NVIDIA GPU is Monitor #1 (primary monitor).

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Jun 2023, 02:29

JediBrysen wrote:
16 Jun 2023, 15:55
If you do the 2-GPU method, make sure you configure your AMD GPU as primary rendering GPU, and NVIDIA output as the primary video output (monitor #1). Not all games will work properly this way, but this is the most reliable cross-GPU method.

Windows 11 -> Settings -> System -> Display -> Graphics -> find your game app -> GPU Preference

Select your AMD GPU, even when your NVIDIA GPU is the video output for Monitor #1 (primary monitor).

Not all software will properly work with this, but this is how you do cross-GPU operations. The rendered framebuffer is essentially composited to the other GPU (by Windows over the PCIe bus). You can do weird things like having a 3D graphics window rendered by one GPU, can overlap two GPUs outputs (e.g. part of window is on an AMD GPU, and part of window is on NVIDIA GPU), when dragging windows on a multimonitor system.

Now that being said, some games will work fine doing cross-GPU with full screen exclusive mode, but cross-GPU operations seem more reliable with windowed or borderless windowed, since Windows is doing the compositing (displaying render results through the Windows compositor). That being said, different-Hz multi-monitor has some known stutter issues (Windows compositor isn't multi-Hz), so you may want to make sure you're not displaying anything (no windows, no animations, etc) on the secondary monitor while you're playing.

daviddave1

Post by daviddave1 » 18 Jun 2023, 06:20

I am about to buy the PG27AQN in a couple days and about to sell the XL2566K
I was wondering if someone can give a update here how they like ULMB 2 on the PG27AQN ? Would be double awesome if someone also upgraded from a Zowie monitor and could elaborate on the differences.
| Now: ASUS PG248QP 540Hz. | Past : VG259QM with the Qisda panel/PG27AQN/XL2566K

rockstar_BLBU

Post by rockstar_BLBU » 18 Jun 2023, 15:02

daviddave1 wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 06:20
I was wondering if someone can give a update here how they like ULMB 2 on the PG27AQN ? Would be double awesome if someone also upgraded from a Zowie monitor and could elaborate on the differences.
Optimum Tech did a pretty interesting video on YT a couple of weeks ago, even comparing it with a 500Hz, Worth a watch if you haven't already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cykx2GQq4k

daviddave1

Post by daviddave1 » 19 Jun 2023, 04:35

rockstar_BLBU wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 15:02
daviddave1 wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 06:20
Optimum Tech did a pretty interesting video on YT a couple of weeks ago, even comparing it with a 500Hz, Worth a watch if you haven't already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cykx2GQq4k
tnx ive seen that. I also checked most of Reddit and the reviews on Amazon. I thought maybe here I can squeeze out some more information :)
| Now: ASUS PG248QP 540Hz. | Past : VG259QM with the Qisda panel/PG27AQN/XL2566K