Dough's upcoming OLED monitor will be the first to support 240Hz BFI

Breaking news in the gaming monitor industry! Press releases, new monitors, rumors. IPS, OLED, 144Hz, G-SYNC, Ultrawides, etc. Submit news you see online!
willrs

Dough's upcoming OLED monitor will be the first to support 240Hz BFI

Post by willrs » 22 Jun 2023, 19:49

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?s ... 1683706450

Hey I just saw this and I was wondering what people think about this because most people seemed focused on the higher frame rate technique for improving motion blur on OLED's, but isn't it true that the higher the refresh rate the better the BFI experience can be? And is this really the only 240Hz monitor that can do BFI? Really eager to hear peoples thoughts on this!

Inco^

Re: Dough's upcoming OLED monitor will be the first to support 240Hz BFI

Post by Inco^ » 23 Jun 2023, 00:41

No, they explain it's 120Hz BFI.
That is, 240Hz without BFI, and 120Hz with BFI.
PG248QP - XL2566K - XV252Q F - PG259QN - XL2546K - Y27gq-25 - AG251FZ - LaCie Electron 22 Blue IV

Ozzuneoj

Post by Ozzuneoj » 21 Sep 2023, 19:11

Also, these are a total scam. Do not give this company your money.

https://www.theverge.com/23872874/dough ... -follow-up

The owners have a long history of over promising, delivering only to SOME paying customers, and then using every tactic in the book to avoid giving refunds to those who never get what they paid for. And when it gets real bad... They just rename the company.

https://www.reddit.com/r/evev/comments/ ... n_evetech/

Supermodel_Evelynn

Post by Supermodel_Evelynn » 05 Feb 2024, 18:45

Dough is a company that knows the things people want and use it to scam those desperate enough.

They knew people were begging for Glossy Gaming Monitors and would be desperate enough to buy it because for decades we have been stuck with nasty matte coating. So they used the opportunity to scam thousands of people, then they did it with Glossy W-OLED monitors now they doing it with BFI because no other company is providing it and we have no other option.

Here is the thing if dough really does have access to LG Glossy OLED panels, then tell me how come nobody else has this?
LG isn't going to make glossy panels just for dough, if they did they would be selling it to everyone, so this is a scam.

Same thing for DOUGH glossy gaming LCD, nobody else has this, how come? a panel maker isn't going to create a whole new assembly line just to sell glossy coatings to Dough and Dough cannot even afford a deal like that.

It's all a scam I tell you, those prototype glossy units you are seeing are more than likely regular LCD or OLED screens they took and manually removed the matte coating, this is possible and there are youtube tutorials showing you how to do it.

You can even buff out the nasty Vaseline smeared sh!t matte coatings from a number of LCD panels.

I blame companies like LG and AU Optronics and BLO and Innolux and Sharp etc for this, they didn't offer a glossy option so they created a vacuum for scammers like dough to exist.

O-T-T

Post by O-T-T » 06 Feb 2024, 05:18

Supermodel_Evelynn wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 18:45
Dough is a company that knows the things people want and use it to scam those desperate enough.

They knew people were begging for Glossy Gaming Monitors and would be desperate enough to buy it because for decades we have been stuck with nasty matte coating. So they used the opportunity to scam thousands of people, then they did it with Glossy W-OLED monitors now they doing it with BFI because no other company is providing it and we have no other option.

Here is the thing if dough really does have access to LG Glossy OLED panels, then tell me how come nobody else has this?
LG isn't going to make glossy panels just for dough, if they did they would be selling it to everyone, so this is a scam.

Same thing for DOUGH glossy gaming LCD, nobody else has this, how come? a panel maker isn't going to create a whole new assembly line just to sell glossy coatings to Dough and Dough cannot even afford a deal like that.

It's all a scam I tell you, those prototype glossy units you are seeing are more than likely regular LCD or OLED screens they took and manually removed the matte coating, this is possible and there are youtube tutorials showing you how to do it.

You can even buff out the nasty Vaseline smeared sh!t matte coatings from a number of LCD panels.

I blame companies like LG and AU Optronics and BLO and Innolux and Sharp etc for this, they didn't offer a glossy option so they created a vacuum for scammers like dough to exist.
You are absolutely right. I totally agree with your observations and conclusions, every word.

Supermodel_Evelynn

Post by Supermodel_Evelynn » 15 Apr 2024, 09:40

BTW look here

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comme ... e_news_of/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comme ... currently/

Dough is currently using paid bots / shills to spread racist stuff against black people online and yes it's been confirmed by multiple sources and moderators, they do it against people who post negative reviews about dough, they target individuals online.

Stay away from this scam company