Blur Busters Forums

Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™ Skip to content

Asus Announces ProArt PQ22UC OLED!

Breaking news in the gaming monitor industry! Press releases, new monitors, rumors. IPS, OLED, 144Hz, G-SYNC, Ultrawides, etc. Submit news you see on the Net!

Re: Asus Announces ProArt PQ22UC OLED!

Postby rasmas » 31 Jan 2018, 10:40

I guess this monitor is focused on photo editing or "proart" but, were you able to check it at close to see if it gets any problem (blur, ghosting,...).

Hope when they said "under $1000" they mean way under $1000, less than $400 xD .
rasmas

Postby lexlazootin » 01 Feb 2018, 09:16

rasmas wrote:I guess this monitor is focused on photo editing or "proart" but, were you able to check it at close to see if it gets any problem (blur, ghosting,...).

Hope when they said "under $1000" they mean way under $1000, less than $400 xD .

OLED monitors don't have 'ghosting'. This monitor doesn't have Rolling Shutter so it still has persistence blur but it would still be better then any LCD on the market.
lexlazootin

Postby rasmas » 01 Feb 2018, 10:57

lexlazootin wrote:
rasmas wrote:I guess this monitor is focused on photo editing or "proart" but, were you able to check it at close to see if it gets any problem (blur, ghosting,...).

OLED monitors don't have 'ghosting'. This monitor doesn't have Rolling Shutter so it still has persistence blur but it would still be better then any LCD on the market.

Even compared to LCDs with Blur reduction methods?

Also, i have been wondering why to do a profesional monitor, for static images mainly, with an OLED panel that is supposed to have burning problems... unless it is just for video but still...
rasmas

Previous

Return to News / Rumors / Conventions