Nvidia Introduces 65-inch "Big Format Gaming Displays"

Breaking news in the gaming monitor industry! Press releases, new monitors, rumors. IPS, OLED, 144Hz, G-SYNC, Ultrawides, etc. Submit news you see online!
sharknice

Re: Nvidia Introduces 65-inch "Big Format Gaming Displays"

Post by sharknice » 13 Jan 2018, 13:29

Mr.Fruitbaskets wrote:I don't get it, whats better about the bigger screen size? More ideal for people using surround sound setups, bringing people in the room to watch your banging setup?
I think it is supposed to replace a triple screen surround setup. You sit a normal monitor distance away and completely fill your peripheral vision. Play with high fov settings.

People are complaining it's too big for normal use. Well it isn't for normal use.

lossofmercy

Post by lossofmercy » 16 Feb 2018, 21:22

Really, what I want is LG/Samsung/Sony quality displays with Gsync and ULMB. If they also had true Dolby vision style lighting (much higher lumen output), they might be able to get the best ULMB yet.

Also, 60-65 is perfect for my living room. That's what I want.

A guy can dream I guess.

TheTechGuy

Post by TheTechGuy » 11 Jul 2018, 04:01

I think we've got to the point now that bigger isn't always better.

TheTechGuy

Post by TheTechGuy » 13 Jul 2018, 03:43

Mr.Fruitbaskets wrote:I don't get it, whats better about the bigger screen size? More ideal for people using surround sound setups, bringing people in the room to watch your banging setup?
It gives a much more immersive experience and makes it far more comfortable to play games and do general PC stuff.

haanuman

Post by haanuman » 18 Jul 2018, 03:37

I don't see what's wrong with this? I mean better than hooking 4-6 monitors with bezels!

lossofmercy

Post by lossofmercy » 25 Aug 2018, 01:28

Some people are estimating this at 5k:

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-big- ... -expensive
At GamesCom, Hardware.info crew met with few partners who were showcasing upcoming BFG monitors. They were surprised to hear that not only they are delayed till Q1 2019, but also they won’t be cheap. And if you think 2,000 USD for super high-end gaming monitor is expensive, wait till you hear how much BFGD will cost.

According to HW.info, BFGDs will cost between 4,000 and 5,000 EUR. Yes, that the price of a high-end OLED TV or (to put it into a different perspective) a price of an average used car.