XL2746S Dyac+ is here!

Breaking news in the gaming monitor industry! Press releases, new monitors, rumors. IPS, OLED, 144Hz, G-SYNC, Ultrawides, etc. Submit news you see online!
dqniel

Re: XL2746S Dyac+ is here!

Post by dqniel » 11 Mar 2020, 13:50

AddictFPS wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 17:33

Average is a term used to hide exact data, to confuse novice people with rounded numbers. See all transition types, and get ur own conclusions. Some transitions need 11, 15, +20ms , crosstalk in TN is very unstable, from 1.2 to 20.5ms, hope XL2746S has fixed this and DyAc+ can make a good work.

https://www.rtings.com/images/reviews/m ... -large.jpg

100% GtG values in XV273X, with the same panel that Viewsonic XG270, varies from 3.5ms to 8.9ms, much more stable, and lower average also.
The newer TN panels have better refresh rates than the older Zowies and I expect the newer Zowies to follow that trend, though.

Acer Nitro XF252Q (TN):

-min: 0.9ms
-high: 5.8ms
-avg: 2.6ms

Acer Nitro XV273X (IPS):

-min: 2.4ms
-high: 9.1ms
-avg: 4.8ms

The gap has definitely closed between TN and IPS but the newest TN monitors are still faster than the newest IPS monitors. I'm curious to
see the test data on the new Zowie models.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 Mar 2020, 21:39

About GtG percentages (for lag tests, versus ghosting tests, etc)

100% GtG values aren't necessary for lag tests. We already can see a pixel beginning at 10%. A pixel is mostly visible at 90%

A 50% transition (at usual gamma) means a pixel is already a relatively bright gray color, between black and white.

I usually prefer sites that lag-stopwatch GtG at about 10% or 50%. It's more relevant to human vision & human reaction time.

RTINGS ends their input-lag stopwatch at approximately GtG 2%, which I think is way too early, but it's very close to GtG 10% anyway, where most humans begin to see the pixels and begin their reaction-time clocks to them. Whereas TomsHardware often ended their lag stopwatch at GtG 100%. The different arbitrary GtG lag cutoff points as well as the different sync techs (VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and their differences in lag gradients along the screen's vertical axis), means input lag numbers are not possible to compare between different websites -- the stopwatch starts, the stopwatch ends, are all at different positions because of different measurement trigger / criteria, and different sensor locations, and different sync-tech settings.

For ghosting problems, yes, GtG 100% is an important metric. (Though GtG 98% or GtG 99% produces much more useful comparisions in ghosting-quality metrics than GtG 90% or GtG 100% -- it's very hard to translit GtG percentages to the afterimages of ghosting, but needless to say -- GtG doesn't need to be 100% yet in order for humans to begin reacting to stimuli like CS:GO enemies appearing -- they are noticeably visible at GtG 10% to GtG 50%).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

AddictFPS

Post by AddictFPS » 12 Mar 2020, 01:10

dqniel wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 13:50
Acer Nitro XF252Q (TN):

-min: 0.9ms
-high: 5.8ms
-avg: 2.6ms

Acer Nitro XV273X (IPS):

-min: 2.4ms
-high: 9.1ms
-avg: 4.8ms
When we make this type of ms comparations, we need to take in account % overshot deviation, and if both are compared in the same frequency.

If for example, one model get the extra speed with artifacts like inverse ghosting or halo, due to excesive Overdrive like Fastest or Ultra settings, and other model is free of these issues, with Overdrive at Normal setting, is not a fair comparation.

Rtings make a excellent work in GtG measure, with photo showing the full GtG curve and overshot, one for each OD setting, and now updated the XV273X response time section with also tables and more statistics. But only measure 240Hz and 60Hz. And there are a bug in the table i think, because shade 0-20 show 12ms, but the curve GTG for Normal Overdrive 0-20 show 8.9ms ¿?¿? :shock:

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/ ... tro-xv273x

TFTCentral measure several more usefull frequencies, like 100 or 120 very interesting for strobe, there are the recommended in Viewsonic XG270 for low crosstalk. But TFTCentral unfortunately not show the GTG curve photo, so not know the %GTG transition that they show in the table.

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/ac ... htm#gaming

Go to "Gaming Comparisons" table of PG27UQ review, this is the good way to compare TN Vs IPS, ms and overshot, hope they include also the different frequencies in future comparation tables, like a slider setting in table to select the frequency and comparte all monitors at 60Hz for example, and another slider for OD level, ok this is to much work... but is the only way i know to make seriously and fair comparisons.

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/as ... htm#gaming

PG27UQ IPS 4-5-9ms -> Overshot free ! Green color
PG278Q TN 1-3-4ms -> but Overshot artifacts :( Orange color

If PG278Q with less overdrive, can run also overshot free, Ok get the new ms, and compare with PG27UQ again, maybe there are some surprise ;)

If compare Viewsonic XG270 with BenQ/Zowie XL2746S for example, is hard to know all these technical data of both monitors, we need more deeper reviews, extremely proffessional reviews.

dqniel

Post by dqniel » 13 Mar 2020, 09:17

AddictFPS wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 01:10

When we make this type of ms comparations, we need to take in account % overshot deviation, and if both are compared in the same frequency.

As far as I can tell they did include that information for both monitors and the numbers I posted were the GtG results for when OTC error % was acceptable.

sosuyike

Post by sosuyike » 20 Apr 2020, 05:17

https://quasarzone.co.kr/bbs/board.php? ... _id=372040

Seems to be a good in-depth review, use google translate.

Assuming the results are similar to the 2546s, am not sure if it is worth spending more 140/180 than a xf252q

AddictFPS

Post by AddictFPS » 22 Apr 2020, 12:22

About quasarzone review, there are some details that tell my attention to much :shock:

I wonder how a monitor can work without power cable and data cable :!:

This miracle is accomplished by this review, as you can see, they take photo of an unconnected XL2746S TN monitor in a table, showing a game image.

Moreover, photos are been taken with differents horizontal viewing angles, but without any loss in image quality due to limited viewing angles inherent to TN technology, that result in color shift and reduced contrast.

Wireless eSport monitor, with TN @ IPS viewing angles. What joke review is this ?

Modern BenQ/Zowie TN monitors like XL2540, see review at Rtings.com , at +10º horizontal angles, start shift color and contrast notably, specifically color shift to yellow tones, but this review show aproximately 30º angle photo without any loss. I dont believe it !

Until someone can explain if i'm wrong, place this review in quarantine !

b3ka

Post by b3ka » 22 Apr 2020, 13:59

I had XL2746s for 2 days and it has usual TN angles.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 24 Apr 2020, 02:05

Anyone know if this monitor can SINGLE STROBE at 60hz refresh rate yet?
SS will be EXTREMELY obvious--there will be very noticeable backlight flicker compared to 100hz.

AddictFPS

Post by AddictFPS » 24 Apr 2020, 13:50

I think almost all Zowie XL monitor clients want SS 60Hz, including those who will never use it, because they don't want any settings cap. But only a few old models can, i not know if this new XL2746S can, but i would bet that no.

Is a nonsense that a brand dedicated exclusively to gaming, are limiting this monitor feature that directly touch gaming. There are games locked at 60FPS, there are gamers that hate motion blur but tolerate 60Hz flicker, gamers that when not play competitively, prefer Motion Smoothness Vs Input Lag, so whats the real cause of this lock ? i can't understand... :shock:

Zowie RL series are especificaly 60Hz monitors for consoles, but they don't have strobing tech !

Hell, back in 2005 gamers can go to store and buy amazing screens like Sony FW900, 1920x1200 50-96Hz, and play all games without any absurd limit.

In 2005 people can play 60FPS locked games at 1920x1200 60HZ, not only with almost 0 motion blur, also with less flicker feel that LCD SS 60Hz due to phosphor persistence, without the associed input lag of strobing tech (wait several ms until response time change color), without crosstalk, and without any overdrive artifact.

We're going backwards, like crabs :( We can not buy it currently, but at least it deserves that its image is still remembered for what it was, and young gamers not know --> The Elite of Gaming Monitors

If the CRT professional had not completely disappeared, and been improved during all this time, we would have something like: Slim thickness, reduced weight and power comsuption, inproved geometry, sharpness and emmisions, 24 and 27", 2560x1440 VRR 50-240Hz, which would make any Gaming LCD next to it, in general terms, look like a toy.

Is one shame that current gamers can't enjoy this technology, is realy amazing, especialy for FPS games.

forii

Post by forii » 02 May 2020, 11:57

How is the XL2746S vs MSI MAG251RX or vs VG279QM?