BenQ announces the ZOWIE XL2546S

Breaking news in the gaming monitor industry! Press releases, new monitors, rumors. IPS, OLED, 144Hz, G-SYNC, Ultrawides, etc. Submit news you see online!
zerocool

BenQ announces the ZOWIE XL2546S

Post by zerocool » 11 Apr 2020, 19:50

https://zowie.benq.com/en-ap/news/2020/ ... cplus.html

https://zowie.benq.com/en/product/monit ... 2546s.html

I hope we can get a tftcentral or hardware unboxed indepth review. I am curious about pixel response time average over a range and input lag on this new 0.5ms panel.

*** update with a little new information on a potential release date
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (41.55 KiB) Viewed 6322 times

zerocool

Re: BenQ announces the ZOWIE XL2546S

Post by zerocool » 15 Apr 2020, 00:36

Just now noticed someone had already created a topic about the same thing a few days before me, sorry about that.

knypol

Post by knypol » 16 Apr 2020, 01:49

I wonder why this dyac is promoted for e-sport when any kind of strobing needs basically vsync on which means input lag. I know about low-lag methods but in tourney reality i dont think u can install rivatuner to use it. Without vsync blurr reduction is just a mess.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Apr 2020, 10:51

knypol wrote:
16 Apr 2020, 01:49
I wonder why this dyac is promoted for e-sport when any kind of strobing needs basically vsync on which means input lag. I know about low-lag methods but in tourney reality i dont think u can install rivatuner to use it. Without vsync blurr reduction is just a mess.
Overkill frame rate can compensate. CS:GO is the common game here, and the 300-500fps can reduce the strobe-amplified microstuttering.

The blur reduction advantages are still there for high-capped or uncapped VSYNC OFF.

It just may not be as good image quality.

Same reason why some use spiked gamma (poorer colors) to see in the shadows. It looks poorer colors, but gives a competitive advantage.

That’s also why Blur Busters Strobe Utility was invented — user choice between lower strobe lag vs better quality!

Right Tool For The Right Job.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

A Solid lad

Post by A Solid lad » 22 May 2020, 18:16

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 10:51
knypol wrote:
16 Apr 2020, 01:49
Overkill frame rate can compensate. CS:GO is the common game here, and the 300-500fps can reduce the strobe-amplified microstuttering.

The blur reduction advantages are still there for high-capped or uncapped VSYNC OFF.

It just may not be as good image quality.

Same reason why some use spiked gamma (poorer colors) to see in the shadows. It looks poorer colors, but gives a competitive advantage.

That’s also why Blur Busters Strobe Utility was invented — user choice between lower strobe lag vs better quality!

Right Tool For The Right Job.
Any plans to add a "+1" feature to the forum? Your posts need it. :mrgreen:
Discord | Youtube | Twitch
Steam with a list of monitors & mice I've used/use.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 22 May 2020, 22:16

A Solid lad wrote:
22 May 2020, 18:16
Any plans to add a "+1" feature to the forum? Your posts need it. :mrgreen:
I like the idea; but it requires some custom phpbb changes that I would have to finance (or find the time to do instead of valuable Blur Busters initiatives).

Mind you, I don't like downvote buttons though, so it would be an upvote-only button like the Blur Busters comments section on the main blurbusters.com site.

We'll investigate if an upvote feature is feasible in a future phpbb upgrade; it requires some customization.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!