NEW Benq Zowie Monitors Speculation/Info Thread (XL2546K-B, XL2546K, XL2411K)

Breaking news in the gaming monitor industry! Press releases, new monitors, rumors. IPS, OLED, 144Hz, G-SYNC, Ultrawides, etc. Submit news you see online!
Conan
Posts: 76
Joined: 18 May 2020, 06:50

Re: NEW Benq Zowie Monitors Speculation/Info Thread (XL2546K-B, XL2546K, XL2411K)

Post by Conan » 26 Sep 2020, 17:47

funn3r wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 10:37


I am from Czech Republic, cool :D
Order for me and then re-route to Croatia hahahah

User avatar
speancer
Posts: 159
Joined: 03 May 2020, 04:26
Location: Poland

Re: NEW Benq Zowie Monitors Speculation/Info Thread (XL2546K-B, XL2546K, XL2411K)

Post by speancer » 27 Sep 2020, 02:31

I asked BenQ directly about XL2546K release, they said it should be available at stores mid-October in my country (Poland), so I guess it will be available everywhere locally some time in October.
Tested displays: ASUS VG259QM (current main)ASUS VG279QMHP Omen X 25fBenQ Zowie XL2546 MSI MAG251RXAcer Predator XB273 XAcer Predator XB271HU
Displays to test: BenQ Zowie XL2546K • ASUS PG259QN

dANii
Posts: 35
Joined: 11 Jan 2020, 08:09

Re: NEW Benq Zowie Monitors Speculation/Info Thread (XL2546K-B, XL2546K, XL2411K)

Post by dANii » 27 Sep 2020, 03:27

speancer wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 02:31
I asked BenQ directly about XL2546K release, they said it should be available at stores mid-October in my country (Poland), so I guess it will be available everywhere locally some time in October.
I'm from the Netherlands and I ordered mine last week, it will arrive at my house tomorrow.

Conan
Posts: 76
Joined: 18 May 2020, 06:50

Re: NEW Benq Zowie Monitors Speculation/Info Thread (XL2546K-B, XL2546K, XL2411K)

Post by Conan » 28 Sep 2020, 16:14

dANii wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 03:27
speancer wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 02:31
I asked BenQ directly about XL2546K release, they said it should be available at stores mid-October in my country (Poland), so I guess it will be available everywhere locally some time in October.
I'm from the Netherlands and I ordered mine last week, it will arrive at my house tomorrow.
how is it? update us dude :D

dANii
Posts: 35
Joined: 11 Jan 2020, 08:09

Re: NEW Benq Zowie Monitors Speculation/Info Thread (XL2546K-B, XL2546K, XL2411K)

Post by dANii » 29 Sep 2020, 02:34

Conan wrote:
28 Sep 2020, 16:14
dANii wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 03:27
speancer wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 02:31
I asked BenQ directly about XL2546K release, they said it should be available at stores mid-October in my country (Poland), so I guess it will be available everywhere locally some time in October.
I'm from the Netherlands and I ordered mine last week, it will arrive at my house tomorrow.
how is it? update us dude :D
Having it side by side with my old XL2546, the colors are an improvement. The K looks more crisp somehow, even though it's also "just" 1080p. Motion is also a bit clearer on the UFO test. Aesthetically not a lot has changed, the numbers on the S-switch are now black instead of red and the controls for the monitor are on the back. Also tried the new "XL- Settings to share" software by Zowie. Nothing special there, you can import and export color profiles to the monitor, but I prefer to just make my own and use the monitor's onboard menu for this (which has also been updated.)

User avatar
speancer
Posts: 159
Joined: 03 May 2020, 04:26
Location: Poland

Re: NEW Benq Zowie Monitors Speculation/Info Thread (XL2546K-B, XL2546K, XL2411K)

Post by speancer » 30 Sep 2020, 09:33

dANii wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 02:34
Having it side by side with my old XL2546, the colors are an improvement. The K looks more crisp somehow, even though it's also "just" 1080p. Motion is also a bit clearer on the UFO test. Aesthetically not a lot has changed, the numbers on the S-switch are now black instead of red and the controls for the monitor are on the back. Also tried the new "XL- Settings to share" software by Zowie. Nothing special there, you can import and export color profiles to the monitor, but I prefer to just make my own and use the monitor's onboard menu for this (which has also been updated.)
What about overdrive performance and pixel inversion artifacts? My XL2546 had significant bluish overshoot trails (on both AMA "high" and "premium") in UFO Test and very visible, distracting pixel inversion artifacts.

I am currently testing HP Omen X 25f (240 Hz TN) and its overdrive performance is a lot better than XL2546, on optimal overdrive (Level 3) there's just a bit of overshoot, much less than on XL2546, but pixel inversion artifacts are also very pronounced on this panel, I guess that's a common problem with TNs in general (or 240 Hz panels in general, some of my high refresh rate IPS panels also suffered from pixel inversion artifacts).
Tested displays: ASUS VG259QM (current main)ASUS VG279QMHP Omen X 25fBenQ Zowie XL2546 MSI MAG251RXAcer Predator XB273 XAcer Predator XB271HU
Displays to test: BenQ Zowie XL2546K • ASUS PG259QN

TN_fun
Posts: 25
Joined: 26 Jun 2019, 11:09

Re: NEW Benq Zowie Monitors Speculation/Info Thread (XL2546K-B, XL2546K, XL2411K)

Post by TN_fun » 01 Oct 2020, 11:39

speancer wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 09:33
I am currently testing HP Omen X 25f (240 Hz TN) and its overdrive performance is a lot better than XL2546, on optimal overdrive (Level 3) there's just a bit of overshoot, much less than on XL2546, but pixel inversion artifacts are also very pronounced on this panel, I guess that's a common problem with TNs in general (or 240 Hz panels in general, some of my high refresh rate IPS panels also suffered from pixel inversion artifacts).
Someone said that pixel inversion (vertical scan lines) is very noticeable while the monitor is new, but then, after some time, it becomes less noticeable or imperceptible.

User avatar
speancer
Posts: 159
Joined: 03 May 2020, 04:26
Location: Poland

Re: NEW Benq Zowie Monitors Speculation/Info Thread (XL2546K-B, XL2546K, XL2411K)

Post by speancer » 01 Oct 2020, 12:36

TN_fun wrote:
01 Oct 2020, 11:39
speancer wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 09:33
I am currently testing HP Omen X 25f (240 Hz TN) and its overdrive performance is a lot better than XL2546, on optimal overdrive (Level 3) there's just a bit of overshoot, much less than on XL2546, but pixel inversion artifacts are also very pronounced on this panel, I guess that's a common problem with TNs in general (or 240 Hz panels in general, some of my high refresh rate IPS panels also suffered from pixel inversion artifacts).
Someone said that pixel inversion (vertical scan lines) is very noticeable while the monitor is new, but then, after some time, it becomes less noticeable or imperceptible.
Never heard of that. I've had my ASUS VG259QM for 4 weeks now and the artifacts are still present, although they are not as pronounced as on both of 240 Hz TN panels I tested. Some other guy on this forum told me that his unit of VG259QM doesn't have this problem at all, so I guess it's just panel lottery. RLCScontender (I bet you know who he is) says that every TN panel has pixel inversion artifacts issues from what I've seen. I think Chef Blur Buster also mentioned somewhere that TN panels are more prone to this issue. Out of very high refresh rate monitors I tested only ASUS VG279QM and MSI MAG251RX were free from this issue, from what I recall.

I wonder if XL2546K also has this problem...
Tested displays: ASUS VG259QM (current main)ASUS VG279QMHP Omen X 25fBenQ Zowie XL2546 MSI MAG251RXAcer Predator XB273 XAcer Predator XB271HU
Displays to test: BenQ Zowie XL2546K • ASUS PG259QN

User avatar
speancer
Posts: 159
Joined: 03 May 2020, 04:26
Location: Poland

Re: NEW Benq Zowie Monitors Speculation/Info Thread (XL2546K-B, XL2546K, XL2411K)

Post by speancer » 04 Oct 2020, 11:07

PMaestro wrote:
20 Sep 2020, 18:09
I would love to know how the Omen X25f compares to the VG259QM in real time gaming.
Looking forward to you letting us know :)
If you're still interested in my opinion, take a look at this post of mine.
Tested displays: ASUS VG259QM (current main)ASUS VG279QMHP Omen X 25fBenQ Zowie XL2546 MSI MAG251RXAcer Predator XB273 XAcer Predator XB271HU
Displays to test: BenQ Zowie XL2546K • ASUS PG259QN

ShowmanTheMoney
Posts: 4
Joined: 09 Sep 2020, 21:47

Re: NEW Benq Zowie Monitors Speculation/Info Thread (XL2546K-B, XL2546K, XL2411K)

Post by ShowmanTheMoney » 05 Oct 2020, 23:42

So I got the XL2546K in today, and my initial thoughts are that Dyac+ is good, I think I need to look into tweaking it to get it closer to CRT levels of motion clarity. Now for non-Dyac... it's not good. AMA off has so much inverse ghosting/smearing that it looks WORSE than an equivalent IPS 240Hz, and AMA High and Premium introduce so much overshoot I wouldn't even consider them viable options. For this monitor it is basically a requirement to use Dyac+.

P.S. If you would like to move this to a Owners Thread, that is fine.

Post Reply