ASUS PG259QN ANNOUNCED! - 360Hz IPS 1ms GtG HDR Monitor with Hardware G-Sync and ULMB Strobing

Breaking news in the gaming monitor industry! Press releases, new monitors, rumors. IPS, OLED, 144Hz, G-SYNC, Ultrawides, etc. Submit news you see online!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: ASUS PG259QN ANNOUNCED! - 360Hz IPS 1ms GtG HDR Monitor with Hardware G-Sync and ULMB Strobing

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Aug 2021, 09:41

Nobody245 wrote:
15 Aug 2021, 13:05
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but there is something I don't understand about these new monitors that go over 240HZ:

How do you get 360FPS? As far as I understand, you need your system to be able to deliver the matching number of frames per second to be able to profit from a higher refresh rate and even at 1920 x 1080 an RTX3090 with an i9-10900K can't push past 200-220FPS in most benchmarks I've seen.
1. Simple things like web browser scrolling benefits. Those will go 360fps, and have about one-sixth the scrolling blur of 60 Hz.

2. Your input latency falls. Even 100fps games will transmit frames over the cable & onto the panel in only 1/360sec. The higher the Hz, the lower the lag, even for low frame rates.

3. VRR ranges bigger than framerate ranges. No need for caps.

People also buy 240 Hz monitors for non-gaming uses -- e.g. better scrolling/panning experience. Blur Busters will be making a public initiative that 240 Hz+ monitors isn't just for gaming anymore. Ever since 1440p wide-gamut 240Hz options are gradually coming out, and it is no longer necessary to compromise just to get 240 Hz+.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!