esports 1440p 360hz displays announced

Breaking news in the gaming monitor industry! Press releases, new monitors, rumors. IPS, OLED, 144Hz, G-SYNC, Ultrawides, etc. Submit news you see online!
daviddave1

Re: eSports 1440p 360hz displays announced

Post by daviddave1 » 21 Jan 2022, 19:59

jasswolf wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 18:40
daviddave1 wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 10:18
jasswolf wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 05:45
daviddave1 wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 04:22

A site that collect data and put 1 and 1 together is not grubby imo. That is not stealing. If the information is correct I am happy someone put the info in order and then posts it. Of my knowledge TFTcentral did not post this list. If u don't like sites that don't use citations please make a example and do so yourself and post where TFTcentral made this list before.
Everything ever posted on that website has been shown to be lifted from journalists, reviewers, forums and reddit, all without credit.

It's indisputable... the whole thing is a scam, so please do not post it here, as I assume they also lift from this website.

See here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comme ... eviewnews/

PCMonitors has also commented on this on Twitter, I believe.
I get the feeling u did not read what I posted. + I am not gonna argue.
I am not taking the link down or in the future not refer to it again.
Here let me post it again:
A site that collect data and put 1 and 1 together is not grubby imo. That is not stealing. If the information is correct I am happy someone put the info in order and then posts it. Of my knowledge TFTcentral did not post this list. If u don't like sites that don't use citations please make a example and do so yourself and post where TFTcentral made this list before.
Virtually all of the panel information and most of the model information you're seeing there was provided solely by TFTCentral, and was never credited. The reviews are either completely lifted from other reviewers - including testing data - or they are product spec sheet pieces with marketing shots shown (i.e. fake reviews, without any real commentary). Meanwhile, that site owner is getting referral clicks and ad clicks/views.

Here is the original TFTCentral article and subsequent articles:
https://tftcentral.co.uk/articles/high_refresh_rate
https://tftcentral.co.uk/news/au-optron ... s-oct-2020
https://tftcentral.co.uk/news/lg-displa ... s-oct-2020
https://tftcentral.co.uk/news/boe-lates ... s-oct-2020
https://tftcentral.co.uk/news/au-optron ... -july-2021
https://tftcentral.co.uk/news/lg-displa ... -july-2021
https://tftcentral.co.uk/news/innolux-l ... s-aug-2021

Stop arguing in favour of this leech. Go read the reddit thread and recognise this guy is just making money off other people's hard work and stop supporting people who are directly breaching journalistic ethics.
I get the feeling you don't read what I am saying. For the 3rd time: A site that collect data and put 1 and 1 together (1+1+1+1+1+1+1 together in this case if those urls are correct u posted) : is not grubby imo or breaking ANY journalistic ethics. As a matter of fact I appreciate it cause that way I don't have to spit true 7 urls with no lists in it!

That is not stealing: It's putting information in a orderly fashion so u can save peoples time. Lists are efficient.

Plus you u act like u have to authority to tell me what I cant and can post here cause they are a so called "leech"? I am sorry man but u are muted from now on. Have a good one. Not gonna respond to anything you saying from now on.
| Now: ASUS PG248QP 540Hz. | Past : VG259QM with the Qisda panel/PG27AQN/XL2566K

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Jan 2022, 15:33

daviddave1 wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 04:22
Historically there were several sites that copy and pasted Blur Busters content without linking back or asking for permission or providing credit. This is the stuff I don't like. (I can name quite a few sites that did this). Plagiarized full articles verbatim (as well as paragraphs word-for-word with what I wrote). There are several sites way worse than DisplayNinja.

I personally prefer people link to original content with credit, mind you. On the other hand, DisplayNinja does give Blur Busters credit on a few things (like Blur Busters Approved).

That sort of aggregated information is acceptable, even if some sites like these do stretches a few things in other areas. My beef is when sites doesn't link to original sources such as TFTCentral thanking them for credit, which causes Google revenues (money) to be robbed away from TFTCentral and more to DisplayNinja, because of a copy-and-paste operation. Google SEO raises for sites like DisplayNinja and google SEO drops for TFTCentral -- which is kind of an indirect theft that is not really called theft, but annoys sites such as TFTCentral.

Since I've put in my two cents, further arguments nor links about this. Future replies on this debate will be unceremoniously deleted as being statistical noise in too little signal. It is irrelevant to this thread.

Let's get back onto the display topics. :D
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

dANii

Post by dANii » 07 Mar 2022, 14:05

Any news on a release date for the Asus PG27AQN?

mxblue

Post by mxblue » 12 Mar 2022, 15:30

I’d love to hear more news too but can’t find anything around ETAs or pricing. One article did mention “as early as March” in reference to +300hz 1440p. Saw someone else mention summer 2022. But purely speculative.

frunction

Post by frunction » 26 Mar 2022, 08:47

Given the lack of further information guess we're some ways away from the release.

I need to send in my XB273GUX for firmware and retention, would like to just buy one of these to replace.

hwanzi

Post by hwanzi » 05 May 2022, 22:24

yehaw wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 15:53
whitepuzzle wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 23:11
Slight OT: in the presentation nvidia claimed that 27" 1440p improved accuracy by 3% compared to 24" 1080p in their FPS aim tester program. What do you guys think about this? Perhaps there is truth to it, or perhaps they're just trying to move more people towards 1440p and therefore need a higher end GPU.

If the difference is there, I wonder if it's mainly from the size, resolution, or a combination of both.
It probably has a tiny bit of truth to it, but at the same time, feels like a bit of BS that is extremely situational. The way they tested it, was on some aim trainer using microscopic little dots - https://i.imgur.com/C3JVlUM.png. You're rarely ever aiming at something that small in real world scenarios when gaming. I would bet their claimed improvement would drop to negligible numbers in real world gaming scenarios. This is also why their article specifically states:
In fact, our research found that 1440p 27 inch displays can improve aiming by up to 3% over traditional 1080 24 inch displays when aiming at small targets.
Carefully read their statement, "up to 3%", meaning that was probably their best case scenario. With a number that low, I would bet the average and lows are probably within margin of error and negligible.

There are many workarounds to making targets appear bigger if you're having trouble spotting, but I think spotting issues are more to do with games color palettes and character silhouettes. This is why you see a lot of monitors doing built-in digital vibrance alternatives.

Go play a game like PROMOD that has flat textures and a basic color palette and enemies stand out from miles away like a sore thumb. Same with a game like TF2. The game has a very well balanced color palette and amazing character silhouettes that make the characters pop out of the environments. Now compare that to something like BF4, I can't even spot an enemy lying down right in front of me sometimes. It's just bad game design. Google "battefield can't see enemies". It's such a bad issue experienced by many, that it autocompletes in Google, meaning it's a frequently searched phrase.

I'm on the side of marketing BS on this one.
nvidia is partnered with kovaaks (steam store) which is an aim trainer and they have these "nvidia experiments" section and if you play them you get entered into a giveaway to win a graphic card. The one going on right now is to win a 3080ti

styhk

Post by styhk » 23 May 2022, 16:56

Discorz wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 17:19
Special dual format 25" 1080p mode on 27" 1440p? Is that 1080p stretched to 2320x1305 size? Hopefully alt-tabbing works without black screens.

I don't get what dual-layer voltage driver really does? How it works?
phpBB [video]

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 May 2022, 17:07

styhk wrote:
23 May 2022, 16:56
[...video...]
It's a worthy innovation needed to keep pushing the refresh rate race.

As refresh rates get higher, sounds like multiple simultaneous pixels are being refreshed concurrently by voltages transmitted by both left and right edges of the screen.

Some LCDs already refresh multiple pixels concurrently (to have more time to initiate LCD GtG despite higher refresh rates). Such as splitting the screen into 4, 6 or 8 vertical bands, and sending voltage pulses simultaneously from the top or bottom edge or both, to refresh different pixels in each subdivided band of screen.

But this is new -- sending the voltage refresh from both the left/right edges simultaneously is an innovation by AUO too. More power sent to pixels down very long microwires in the active matrix grid, means less time needed to kickstart a pixel transition. More Hz become available without color/contrast/GtG degradation of too-briefly refreshing pixels.

Many techniques being done in the refresh rate to retina refresh rates, to maximize power sent to pixels during higher Hz. 360Hz means a panel has 1/6th the time energizing a pixel as 60Hz, so special techniques are increasingly needed to prevent degradations caused by spending too little time refreshing a pixel.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Merfus

Post by Merfus » 25 May 2022, 08:51

jorimt wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 17:54

Dual-Format 25”

We get it - sometimes you want to play on a smaller display for certain games. We have you covered. With Dual-Format, you can play at the familiar 25” diagonal size at 1080p. Simply enable Dual-Format in the monitor settings and choose your desired resolution.
We have also added a new special resolution that makes a pixel perfect 25” display for increased 25” sharpness.

I'm sorry, can't this be done with cru? If I buy 27 inch 1440p and set it to 1080p with cru will I have something similar?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 25 May 2022, 09:56

Merfus wrote:
25 May 2022, 08:51
I'm sorry, can't this be done with cru? If I buy 27 inch 1440p and set it to 1080p with cru will I have something similar?
You don't even need CRU. Just set your scaling preference to "no scaling" in the nvidia panel with GPU scaling. This works with any display. The resolution you choose determines the size of the image.

On a 27" 2560x1440 display, 1920x1080 is going to be a 20" image. If that's too small, then you need a bigger monitor or a larger resolution.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.