New Asus XG259CM Freesync Premium Problem

Talk about AMD's FreeSync and VESA AdaptiveSync, which are variable refresh rate technologies. They also eliminate stutters, and eliminate tearing. List of FreeSync Monitors.
SalamanderOnline

New Asus XG259CM Freesync Premium Problem

Post by SalamanderOnline » 18 Jun 2022, 17:00

Hey,

I need some help I hope maybe somebody has the same issue here. Just purchased the XG259CM and when activating FreeSync Premium in my Monitor Settings it tells me Freesync Premium is on but when I go into the Radeon Software to doublecheck if its really FreeSync Premium it tells me that it only is Freesync.

Is Asus advertising their product wrongly or am I just too stupid to understand whats happening. I doublechecked their Website and it says it even on the website that the monitor has Freesync Premium.

Would love some advise.

Thanks
Attachments
Website.png
Website.png (39.53 KiB) Viewed 5460 times
not freesync premium.png
not freesync premium.png (42 KiB) Viewed 5460 times

Discorz
VIP Member

Re: New Asus XG259CM Freesync Premium Problem

Post by Discorz » 19 Jun 2022, 17:10

I wouldn't worry about that. It's just naming thing. All you need is it to work properly.

Btw how is the monitor? Some feedback on motion performance or in general?
Compare UFOs | Do you use Blur Reduction? | Smooth Frog | Latency Split Test
Alienware AW2521H, Gigabyte M32Q, Asus VG279QM, Alienware AW2518HF, AOC C24G1, AOC G2790PX, Setup

SalamanderOnline

Re: New Asus XG259CM Freesync Premium Problem

Post by SalamanderOnline » 21 Jun 2022, 10:36

Pretty good, I would rate it a little better than my Alienware AW2521HF.

Only issue I am having is that the color is pretty terrible without HDR on. (Would have loved to use ELMB Sync but since you cant use ELMB and HDR at the same time I prefered better color over motion blur reduction.) :D