benQ Mobiuz EX2510 Flickering help!

Talk about AMD's FreeSync and VESA AdaptiveSync, which are variable refresh rate technologies. They also eliminate stutters, and eliminate tearing. List of FreeSync Monitors.
realritz

benQ Mobiuz EX2510 Flickering help!

Post by realritz » 01 Oct 2022, 16:52

I’ve beeb trying to find a way to solve this. Please help! My friend gave me this perfectly working 144hz monitor (my first) and i tried to connect it with an hdmi to hdmi cable to my pc. it works, it lets me set refresh rate to 144hz, however it has a flicker. Not in any kind of pattern, very random flickers that are quite noticeable. It feels like a long more code message. Anyways, I tried many suggestions I read online and I can’t find anything. Please help! My specs are at the bottom

GRAPHICS CARD: GTX 1060 Gaming x 6gb
PROCESSOR: i5-7600k CPU @ 3.80GHz
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240
MOTHERBOARD: Asus STRIX Z270-E Gaming
RAM:Corsair Vengeance 8gb x 2
SSD: NVme SSD 960 EVO m2
HDD: 1tb Hard drive
CASE: NZXT H500 ATX Mid Tower

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: benQ Mobiuz EX2510 Flickering help!

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 01 Oct 2022, 17:12

Three common causes...

Are there any patterns in the flickering, such as lines or chessboard patterns? If so, then it's an LCD inversion artifact issue.

Or does flickering happen only during gaming during variable refresh rate? The problem can be traced to imperfect VRR implementations. Try testing turning off the VRR feature (G-SYNC, FreeSync) on both the monitor and GPU and seeing what happens.

Or do you have the "Motion Blur Reduction" feature turned on? Try turning that OFF.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

realritz

Post by realritz » 04 Oct 2022, 22:24

I have the flickering problem throughout general use of the PC. Desktop screen, games, chrome. There are no lines, or pattern, when i say flicker its as if it instantly dims and returns to normal light within a millisecond. And that actions occurs consistently.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Oct 2022, 22:32

1. Do you have VRR turned on? (e.g. "FreeSync ON" in monitor menus). Try turning it off.
2. Do you have strobing turned on? (e.g. "Motion Blur Reduction ON" in monitor menus). Try turning it off.

If the flicker occurs during scene changes (app opens, closes, change in framerate), this may be an LFC algorithm with VRR. Turning FreeSync OFF would fix this.

If both are off (unrelated to VRR, unrelated to strobing), do you have the ability to record video?
There might or might not be a defect involved, depending on the severity / nature / randomness of the flicker.
I need more information to help you. Thanks!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!